"YOU WORK WHERE?!"

Nat's POV
I glanced at Clint. It had been a hour since the kid—Peter I guess—had texted back.

Clint was keeping his distance from me after I had tackled him earlier, but I could see he was worried.

"You guys are acting weird. Anything up?" Tony asked sitting down with his..... I had actually lost count how many coffees he has had today. Bruce would know.

Neither of us answered because our phones finally went off.

***

Peter
Hey guys! Sorry about leaving you on the read

Merida
What were you doing?

Kim Possibly
Yeah. You left for an hour.

Peter
Homework?

Kim Possibly
Cinnamon roll, if you wanted to lie you shouldn't have put a question mark after that.

Peter
Cinnamon roll???

Merida
Bwahahahahaha

Nat's gone soft

Kim Possibly
Say that to my face bird brain.

Merida
KID HELP

I DID IT

Peter
Bad choice my dude

Kim Possibly
I didn't kill him kid. For your sake.

Peter
Thank you!

UwU

...

So where is he?

Merida
I'm currently hiding in a closet

***

Peter's POV
I couldn't help but laugh at Merida's response. I was also relieved they dropped the subject of my little tiny lie.

'They couldn't know what I was really doing anyway' I thought as I pocketed my phone.

Adding pockets to my spider suit was the best thing I've ever done.

I heard laughter come from the streets below me, and I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

Did I really just say that out loud?
Oops.

I hope no one got that on recording. Then again if Flash heard Spider-Man say that he'd probably take up sewing.

I laughed again at the image of Flash holding a sewing needle and tread.

Anyway the reason why I couldn't reply to the group chat was some thug thought he could steal a limited edition Star Was toy from a kid. Wrong move, buddy. He was thankfully now in police custody and I had bought the kid safely to his parents.

I decided to check the group chat again as I sat down on the top of Brooklyn Bridge.

***