Chapter 15: Waterstones

Katherine Wright

I spent the rest of my afternoon watching a movie with my brothers. Surprisingly today all of my brothers were present at lunch. We all had lunch together but I couldn't really have much. Even though I only had a few bites from each dish I was very full.

Time passed soon. I painted for some time. And then got changed for our appointment. I decided on a plain white tshirt and a loose fitting jeans because of my knee. I went downstairs. I saw Alex soon.

"Ready to go?" Alex asked

"Yeah. Let's get this done." I replied and we headed out. I saw Joseph holding out the door for us.

"Thank you Joseph." I said as I settled in.

"Always a pleasure miss Katherine."

The drive was silent most of the time. We reached the doctor's office. Alex approached the receptionist.

"I have a 3 PM for my sister with Dr.Austin."

"Mr.Wright this way please." She knew my brother by his name and she personally guided us to his office. We entered the office and saw a man in his chair. He stood up when he saw us. He offered his hand for Alex to shake.

"Mr.Wright pleasure seeing you."

"Me too Dr.Austin. This is my sister Katherine Wright. We talked on the phone about her."

"Of course. Hello Katherine. I am Dr.Austin. Your dietitian. It's nice meeting you."

"Its nice meeting you too." I said timidly.

"Okay Katherine. I have a brief idea about your case. How about you go give your weight and measurements to the nurse while I have a chat with your brother?"

"Sure." I said confidently

The nurse took me to a small room. She took my height and weight and my body measurements . We went in his cabin again. He checked the iPad which had my information in it.

"Okay so Katherine. I saw your reports and had a chat with Mr.Wright. We are gonna divide your case into 3 parts. 2 months each. And I will be honest with you it wont be very pleasant. But we will work together and make you perfectly fit. It is important for you to follow the chart regularly."

"That wont be a problem. I'll personally look into it." Alex said.

"Well then. It is important for you to exercise. It will get a lot easier with each passing day. I just have to ask you a few more questions."

He asked me about my eating habits, periods etc. Doctor stuff basically. It was awkward but I came over it.

"Okay Mr.Wright I'll email you her chart by today evening after consulting others as per your request."

Okay so there wasn't A doctor, there was a team of doctors. For ONE person. Okay I'm gonna need some time to digest this. We said our goodbyes and headed to our car.