xiii

[ t h i r t e e n ]

"Alright then, what's the plan oh wise one."

Pathetic Fallacy

Pathetic Fallacy.

Well, at least that's how Lily Evans responded flatly when James groaned about the miserable weather. Of course, he promptly pulled a face or sheer perplexion whilst Remus sniggered behind his rather worse for wear copy of Alice in Wonderland.

"Why are you always reading the same book?" James asked, catching the title.
"It's my favourite." he replied, not bothering the tare his eyes away from the page.
"That's funny, isn't it?" Lily smirked. "I happen to recall Christy saying the same thing not so long ago."

Remus flushed pink, "Oh really?" he mumbled.
"Ah, I see what's going on here." James looked over the rim of his glasses, "Our little moonykins all grown up- OW!" he cried as Remus hit his upside the head.

"Hey Al!" Lily waved her over, patting the space beside herself on the sofa, which James took as an opportunity to slide into not so smoothly. "That was for Alice." Lily scowled.

"'s alright Lil, i'll sit next to Remus." she smiled lightly. "How's Sirius doing?"
James' face fell instantly, "Honestly? Not great, ever since that... tiff with Regulus, he's been off."

"Where is he now? In fact, where is everyone?" Lily questioned.
"Sirius and Peter are in the dorm, Dor and Marlene are in the courtyard." Remus replied nonchalantly.
"How is it that you know everything?" James sighed.
Just as Remus was about the retort, the portrait hole opened, and the most unlikely figure edged in.

Christina Taylor.

Clad in dark jeans that hung loosely on her frame, a plain black tee with some faded therefore illegible printing, and a pair of unkempt once-black converse. Her hair, looking a little damp, hung limp over her shoulders, lacking it usual bounce. And her once glowing skin was left hollow and sunken, supporting deep purple bags beneath her lifeless eyes.

After the initial shock, Lily plastered on a smile, and ran over to greet her best friend.
"Oh Christy, we've missed her so much." she wrapped her arms around the figure, instantly noticing how thin and frail she'd become, but she didn't hug back. As Lily let go, she tried to hide the sympathetic expression that had crept onto her features. Stepping away, she was met with her other three friends surrounding her, each looking more concerned than the last.

A tense silence settled itself over the group, a blanket of uncertainty.
"Um... you look tired love, let's get you up to the dorm, get some sleep, how does that sound?" Alice asked gently.