Part 3

"You have to come with me," he insists, and Conrad stares at him blankly.

"Is there some order from the Moon Goddess that I don't know about? A rule I wasn't informed about?" She asks, standing up from her desk angrily.

She's a Beta by blood and by rank - she doesn't take being ordered around too kindly, even if it is by an Alpha.

He isn't her Alpha, so technically, he has no control or right to tell her what to do.

"I can make you come to my pack, I don't care what way you get there," he shrugs, and she inhales through her nose sharply, sitting back into her seat.

"If you force me to return with you to your pack, I will reject you," she warns him, folding her hands together and staring at him evenly.

We can't reject him; he's our mate, Jane whimpers, and Conrad grits her teeth.

This is called being smart and playing our cards right. We can't just cancel our meetings because he's decided he wants me to start cooking his dinners tomorrow, Conrad hisses to her mournful wolf.

But I don't have a problem with cooking his dinner, Jane complains in earnest.

Conrad exhales from her mouth, waiting for his response.

"You won't reject me," he scoffs, "your wolf needs me."

She lets out a surprised laugh, shaking her head as she stands up from her seat.

"You'd be surprised at how little my wolf needs you," she chuckles, walking by him to get out of the room.

He grabs her wrist and holds it tightly, causing her to growl automatically.

She unleashes her claws and twists her hand to cut him.

He tightens his grip.

He doesn't flinch when her nails make contact with the thin skin on her wrist, so she does the next thing she can think of.

She chomps down on the bone, and he releases a yelp, instantly letting her wrist go.

She stumbles back a few inches, glaring at him the entire time.

"What the fuck? Why the hell did you bite me?" He snarls, holding his wrist to his chest as his eyes begin to flash angrily.

"You didn't let go. You don't grab a lady," she hisses, opening her office door.

"Since when are you a lady?" He growls, and she ignores him, hurrying out of the room to downstairs.

They have more weapons downstairs, and it's easier to get out of the house if he decides to go all wolf-man on her.

"I actually think you just marked me," he snarls from behind her, but she keeps scuttling down the stairs.

She isn't stopping for love nor money, and she skids into the kitchen as quickly as she can.

Her mother spins around in surprise once she hears footsteps, narrowly dodging her speeding child.

"What's the rush?" She asks, and Conrad doesn't even respond, grabbing her mother's hand and yanking her towards the back door.

She glances over her shoulder, and she can hear him walking down the stairs.

She curses under her breath, unlocking the door quickly and putting her mother in front of her to get out first.

Jane is terrified, and she isn't responding to Conrad's checks.

Atlas released a lot of his dominance before she fled the room, and she's still suffering from the effects of the sudden explosion of power in such a small space.