» 45 «

I gasped for air, only noticing the cold water surrounding me after a few seconds. I looked around confused, seeing the little girl getting up next to me, while trying to drown out the noise of the crowd.

I helped her get to the nearest podium positioned in the water, lifting her to make it easier for the people to help her out completely.

"Y/n!" Wren yelled as soon as I made it onto the platform, and she wrapped a big towel around my shivering body. I hugged myself with the piece of fabric, hoping it would warm me up a little.

I still wasn't quite sure what was going on. But I assumed this was the second task, somehow?

My eyes got wide at the realisation, and I searched for my brother, a panicked look on my face. "Where's Harry?" I asked her, but before she could say anything, he jumped out of the water, landing directly next to me with a loud thump.

Ouch.

The students started cheering louder for him, and Professors and students alike gathered around Harry. Fleur was thanking him for saving her little sister, and I assumed that was the girl that came up with me.

I smiled at her, and she threw a grateful look back before disappearing into the crowd.

I tried talking to my brother, but there was simply too much going on for him to even notice me. The only interaction we had were a few seconds of eye contact, in which it felt like his eyes were burning through mine.

He couldn't possibly still be mad at me, could he? He kind of just saved my life. That must've meant something?

Before I got the chance to speak to him, we were already put on the boats to get back to shore. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to share one with Harry. That would've definitely given us enough time to talk.

As soon as we got off the boats, my gaze wandered around the area, and I spotted my brother a bit ahead of me. He just finished a conversation with Crouch, and I seized my opportunity.

If he kept on ignoring and avoiding me the way he did, it would be the only opportunity I'd get in a while.

I grabbed his arm, forcing him to turn around to look at me. He scowled as soon as he saw me and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, Harry? You can't ignore me forever!" I groaned, my grip on his arm tightening when he tried to get away.

"Watch me, Y/n!" He hissed back, but at least gave up on trying to get away.

"Look, I just almost died! Isn't that reason enough to make up? You're overreacting," I sighed, and his facial expression softened a little as he saw how desperate I was. "Come on!" I said, nudging him gently.

He sighed. "I've told you before, about Malfoy, you don't know what you're doing."

"Then let me find out for myself."

But before he could say anything, a furious Draco cut our conversation rather short.

Did this really have to happen now? He really had to show up now?

"You're out of your mind, Potter!" He growled, his voice threatening as he stepped closer to him. "You couldn't have just worried about your own sister first, instead of having to play the hero again? You do realise that Delacour girl was never in real danger?" Draco hissed, grabbing Harry by his uniform before realising what he was doing and letting go of him again. "Next time just make sure you focus on the people that are actually important!"

Harry didn't say anything, probably not being able to think of a good enough come back. He narrowed his eyes, furrowed his brows, and glared at the blonde boy before storming off without giving me another look.

I groaned. Great, so much for seizing the only opportunity I'd get in a while.

"And you!" Malfoy snapped as he turned towards me. I furrowed my brows, a confused look on my face when he addressed me.

What did I do?

"You- didn't actually do anything, I suppose," He trailed off, his voice getting calmer as he looked me up and down once.

I rolled my eyes at the scene he had caused and began walking. Just seconds later he appeared next to me, trying to keep up. "I didn't interrupt anything, did I?"

"You did, actually," I clarified, rather annoyed as I kept walking. "He was literally about to apologise. Or something like that."

"Oh," The blonde said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck before clearing his throat. "He should have a long time ago, anyway. He's acting like a two-year-old." His voice was back to the usual cold tone, and I just shook my head, amused by his comment nonetheless.

"Coming from you, that must mean something," I chuckled, and got a mumbled "Fūck off," in response, which just made me laugh out loud.

"Anyway, you were worried about me, huh?" A small smirk found itself on my lips as we further roamed into the forest, silently having agreed on not heading back to the castle straight away. I could see the tiniest hint of a blush forming on his cheeks as the words left my mouth.

"No," He said calmly after clearing his throat, his eyes fixed on the path in front of us. "I simply wish your brother didn't have this weird hero complex. Does he have to be the centre of attention all the time?"

"And you're saying that because you'd rather be the centre of attention, instead?" I said, a mocking tone in my voice and he huffed. "You know, in another lifetime you could've been good friends, you're not so different from each other."

He cocked his eyebrow, rather surprised to hear me say that. "How so?"

"Well, for starters, you both care deeply about me." A big smile appeared on my face as the words left my mouth, and I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"You're a horrible person; you know that?" He joked, rolling his eyes while pretending to be annoyed at my words.

"I've been spending too much time with you then, Draco Malfoy."