16│THE HAIR CUT DISASTER

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"No way!" Chandler scoffed.

"I'm telling you, she went to the airport, and she's gonna go for it with Ross!" Monica grinned like a child on Christmas.

"Oh my god. This is huge. This is bigger than huge. This is like," Phoebe paused, "All right, what's bigger than huge?"

"Um, this?" Joey shrugged and smiled when Phoebe nodded. He liked being right.

Veronica smiled at him and gave him a high five.

"Guys, you got your hair cut," Monica pointed out as she finally noticed Joey and Chandler's shorter styles.

Joey grinned when Veronica played with his hair to see just how short it was now. He made a face when she grabbed onto his hair and wiggled his head around before doing the same to her. The two laughed as they did this and made faces at each other.

Chandler, deciding to ignore the two, pointed to Phoebe. "Yes, yes, we did, thanks to Vidal Buffay."

"'Cause, you know, if you don't look good, we don't look good," Phoebe spoke in a deep voice before smiling cutely, "I love that voice."

Before anyone could say anything else the door to the apartment was thrown open. The friends' eyes widened when Rachel stumbled in, panting.

"Airport! airport! Ross... not alone! Julie... arm around her," She gasped out as she tried to catch her breath before she leaned against the counter with a wince, "Oh, cramp, cramp!"

Veronica gave her best friend a sad smile, being the only one who was able to piece together what Rachel meant. "Oh, sweetie."

Rachel pouted and was about to go to her for a hug when Chandler cut in.

"Okay," He called with a knowing look, "I think she's trying to tell us something. Quick, get the verbs."

Her gaze snapped to him and she gave him a heated glare which had him shrinking back in fear.

"You. You, you said he liked me. You..." She cut herself off with a big smile when Ross walked in with a woman, "You slowpokes!"

"That's all right, Rach, we got the bags," Ross rolled his eyes before he went around greeting the rest of the friends, "Hi, hello. Julie, this is my sister Monica. This is Chandler. Phoebe. Joey and Veronica. Everyone, this is Julie."

"Julie," Rachel huffed out as she pulled out a bottle of wine.

"Oh," The friends nodded in understanding before they turned to Julie with awkward smiled, "Hi!"

Julie smiled sweetly at them. "Hi, but I'm not here, you haven't met me. I'll make a much better first impression tomorrow when I don't have 20 hours of cab and plane on me."

"And bus," Ross added.

"Oh my god," She nodded her head.

"The screaming guy?"