All Good Things Must Come To An End

{Chapter Two}

2010Malibu, California

2010
Malibu, California

Abby awoke early in the morning in her large room. Her walls were painted a light yellow making the room bright. Her queen-sized bed stood in the middle of the room, accompanied by two bedside tables at either side. The table on the right contained multiple pictures some from her life in New York others from her new life with her father. The table on the left contained an owl-shaped lamp and the book she had been reading the previous night.

Getting out of bed, Abby walked over to the large closet filled to busting with clothes her father's assistant, Pepper Potts, had bought for her. Picking out an outfit was easy. She had very few clothes she would be willing to wear on an average day since Pepper had mainly bought her dressed.

She pulled out a pair of black jeans, a white ACDC t-shirt, and a blue plaid shirt. Once she was dressed she made her way into her bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. After she was ready, the young girl took her book and made her way to the sitting room to read.

She knew she would have to wait for Pepper to arrive for her breakfast since she couldn't reach the cupboards herself, and her father would not be rushing to make her anything.

It's not that Tony didn't care about his daughter. They just weren't very close. Tony spent the majority of his time in his lab, whereas Abby focuses on her studies. When she first moved to California with Tony she never spoke, usually, she just sat with Tony or Pepper in silence. The new father struggled to connect with the young girl not knowing how to comfort her after the loss of her mother.

The truth is Abby needed a father and Tony needed to grow up. But Abby didn't hold it against him. He had taken her in and made sure she was looked after, Abby believed that was enough.

Abby ignored the voice of a woman calling Tony's name as she walked through the house. It was not the first time the young girl had found one of her father's 'friends' wandering through the house after her father had disappeared to the lab at an early hour in the morning. She refused to look up as the woman entered the room she was sat in.

"You are not authorized to access this area." Abby heard the voice of her father's artificial intelligence, Jarvis, scaring the woman.

"That's Jarvis. He runs the house." The familiar voice of Pepper Potts causes Abby to look up with a large smile. "I've got your clothes here. They've been dry-cleaned and pressed, and there's a car waiting for you outside that will take you anywhere you'd like to go."

"You must be the famous Pepper Potts." The woman said.

"Indeed I am." Pepper nodded. Abby stood from the couch and walked over to Pepper with a smile.

"After all these years, Tony still has you picking up the dry-cleaning." Abby frowned at the obvious dig the woman had thrown at the woman who helped look after her.