thirty five

_____________

Bloopdie doop doop

_____________

Kitioma Hadlee

         "So what do you plan to do as a Ravenclaw?" Ally smirks as I stumble once again, my shoes a bit on the large side. We're walking into our dorm rooms, the first day of class speeding by faster than I thought.

"Get drunk and cry," I mutter back and she elbows me.

"It's not that bad."

"Dude, I was the top of my class in America, that's how I transfered over here, that and the connections my parents have with some of the people here. But things are so much more difficult over here! Back in the private schools I used to go to, things were so easy. Most of the stuff I already knew from my parent's constant teachings. But now? Nothing is the same. I'm not fit for Ravenclaw."

"You...were...you were the top of your class?" Ally says disbelievingly.

"Yeah, surprisingly," I roll my eyes. "Here's the problem with me. I'm booksmart, that's how I get good grades. On the common sense side of things?" I sigh. "I have none of that. Also, along with the therapy I was made to go to at the boarding schools, they made me be evaluated for a learning disorder..."

Ally gives me a strange look. "Why-"

"I dunno! But apparently my mind has a difficult time of putting two and two together. I can remember things in books, but when it comes to applying those things to other scenarios, I'm gone. For example, when Tom said that if the heir of Slytherin or the heir of Gryffindor is affected with a love potion, the presence of one another would wipe away those effects. But I couldn't put together that he was the heir of Slytherin and I was wiping away those effects."

"Oh...so basically...you'll do fine in classes as long as they don't ask you many questions?"

I throw up my hands in exasperation. "I mean, sure, I guess. All the assignments they give can come from books, so as long as I read the books, I'll be fine. That's how I survived back in America. Well, that and the other kids in the school didn't care about studies. Finding a kid like me who read books instead of smoking in the bathrooms is pretty rare over there. But still, instead of an all-A student, I was reduced to B's and C's because I just...can't put things together."

"So you have a disability? How many other people know about this?"

"No, no it's not really a disability. It's just something weird with me. It was never a big deal until now, I guess, but my parents knew before they..." I shift awkwardly on my dorm bed, the blue decorations strange to my eyes. "Died."

Ally sucks in a breath before hurriedly changing the subject. "Well it's fine then if you can memorise things from books. Most of the Ravenclaws are booksmart, nothing more, you'll fit in fine."

"But at least they have common sense instead of someone like me, who can't even process the world around her," I mutter. "Besides, this whole 'Gryffindor heir power' isn't helping. What if I get frustrated and snap? You know I can't control it, you remember when I tried to kill you in the cells!"

"Eh. So what, you'll kill someone. Tom's done worse, I've seen him do worse," Ally replies, absentmindedly scribbling answers to homework on parchment.

"Do I look like Tom Riddle?"

"No, but you're his lover, might as well go ahead and start killing people before you're turned into a horcrux and made too."

I scoff disbelievingly. "Horcrux? Ally-"

"It was a joke," She snickers, and I throw a pillow back at her.

"Not funny, Ally."

"It's true! I don't know how many he's made, maybe five? But he's...he's a dark person. He'll make you into a horcrux...you'll be in immense pain for eternity..."

"You're definitely helping my vibe, Ally," I scowl, taking a bite of some candy I stole from the Great Hall earlier.

"It's not my fault you somehow made an inane psychopath fall for you!"

My eyebrows crease. "He...oh my God, Ally, I think I got it!"

"What?" She looks up from her parchment. "Got what?"

"How to get the notebook! Oh my God, why didn't we think of this before?" I excitedly hop up from my bed, pacing the room feverishly.

"Jesus Christ, Kiki, it's like you've found the cure to cancer," Ally says, shifting slightly on her bed, a confused frown on her face.

"Ok, hear me out. We have the ball, right?" My abnormally high voice sounds even squeakier as I get more and more excited. Ally's frown gets more and more confused and she nods slowly. "We need to make sure he drinks something... like a lot. At that point, he should be easier to influence. Make sure you, Jac, and the rest of the girls are there."

"Where are you going with this, Kiki?" Ally asks, her eyes narrowed but a smile on her lips.

"Make sure all the teachers leave. If students want to leave, let them, but make sure Tom doesn't. At exactly 9:00pm, after we've got him drunk, trap everyone in. To the point where no one can get out or in. Then, we'll have witnesses as we accuse Tom. If he's drunk, trust me, he'll say all sorts of shit he truly means," I grin. "And everyone will be there to see it."

"So you're proposing we drug then bribe him? I don't think that exact plan is going to work, Kiki, but I have a good idea to add on," Ally smirks mischievously.

"Shoot then."

"Trap him somewhere else, with no witnesses. Astronomy Tower, maybe?"

I scowl, plopping back onto my bed. "I have bad history with that tower. Two time I jumped off and they all were to escape death with lovely Riddle boy himself."

"Well...make it three, I don't care. But if we get him drunk, he might have enough sense to call Maya and Stephan, too. That way we can kill three birds with one stone," Her smirk turns...murderous.

"Hold up, we aren't killing him, are we?"

"Why do you care? If he's dead, he won't bother you anymore."

I wrong my hands together, internally groaning. "He...he might know answers about my parents. I need to know what's in that book. Only he knows how to open it."

Ally slaps her forehead in exasperation. "Kiki! He'll kill you, he's aiming to kill you, everything he does with you leads to death! He wants your blood and that's the only reason you're alive right now, and- listen to me," She says as I start to speak. "Before, he may have tried to kill you, but now that he's seen your power - killing all those people in the mansion - he's not going to let you slip through his grasp. That's the only reason you're alive."

I blink. Her words make sense, I probably would have been dead on the first day I met him if he didn't need me.

"That, and..." Ally continues, a glint in her eyes. "He's definitely in love with you."

"Ally!"

She holds up a hand. "I've never seen someone say as many sarcastic remarks as you to Tom Riddle and live. No powerful blood is worth his pride, and we all know it. He's head over heels for you."

She pauses and I sigh.

"And maybe that's what we need for you to get the book. Maybe we can't get him drunk but if we use your charm during the ball...we can win this."

A zap of lightning shocks my arm.

"Dude- drink your polyjuice potion."

I go to sleep that night with a burning taste in my mouth.