39. gone

taylor and elodie just left, leaving me alone in the house. i didn't know what just happened and why taylor was mad at me but she is probably just on her period and having a tantrum.

i sighed as i decided to go upstairs and get some work done. i sat by the piano and started working. after a few hours i got down and made dinner.

i watched tv for a bit, actually getting worried about where taylor was. i walked upstairs going through taylor's drawers. empty.

i rushed to elodie's room, her favorite toys and clothes were all gone. "fuck" i yelled as i rushed downstairs and grabbed my phone.

i searched the biggest taylor account i could remember, seeing pictures of taylor at the townhall and at Joe's house. i decided to call joe, i didn't want to interrupt her sleeping and possibly make it all worse.

on the fourth ring he picked up. "hey mate" he said, his voice sounding sleepy. "emh is taylor with you?" i asked awkwardly. "yeah she is here with elodie, don't think they want to see you though"

"i don't know why she wouldn't? i'm her husband?" "not for long i fair. go to sleep mate, it's late. call kendall, she might be able to help" he hung up after those words.

fuck. she found out. i was going to end it because i realized i didn't want anything to do with Kendall, i just wanted taylor but now it's too late.

i knew my decisions were dumb but it all just happened and once we started, i didn't know how to end it. tears escaped my eyes which soon became loud sobs. i sat there and eventually fell asleep, crying.

i woke up by one of the cats jumping onto me. i groaned as i opened my eyes before remembering everything. I decided to go out for some breakfast, try to talk with kendall and see what happens.

i sighed before getting ready and then went to kendall's house. i heard a few camera clicks but ignored them as i walked to the front door.

kendall smiled when she saw me but i just shook my head. i asked her what happened and she told me everything she knows.

i thanked her before leaving. i called taylor but as expected, she declined. i sighed as i walked into the house. i searched for the cats but they were gone, just like their stuff. some other stuff was gone too like toys for elodie and a few guitars.

i sighed as i walked to the kitchen. i saw a note on the fridge and quickly rushed to it. i took a deep breath before i started reading it.

"sign these and then turn them in, we are over. u know why. don't try to contact me or anyone close to me. took the cats and everything i need with me, i'll get out the rest when ur on tour or something. my lawyer will take care of removing my name from the house. i don't need it. really thought u were different. -taylor"

i chuckled at how she put her signature underneath it but quickly stopped as i realized the papers were divorce papers. i looked through them and put my signature on them. didn't mean i was giving up on trying yet but signing them wouldn't hurt anyone. at least i can say i did one thing she asked me to do.

i walked upstairs and got out one of the photo books filled with polaroids. i smiled as i looked through it. i stopped at one from the night she wrote style. she asked me how i would feel if she would write a song about me, she had done it plenty times before but she asked this time.

i remember that night clearly, she ended up falling asleep with her guitar in her arms, it was adorable. i closed the photo album and put it back in it's place.

i buried my head in my hands, thinking of a way to fix this mess. i decided i would just go to the house. i grabbied my car keys after i put on my shoes.

i got in the car and drove to joe's house. i had only been there once, to drop taylor and elodie off because elodie wanted to see patrick who was staying with joe for a few days.

i parked my car right behind taylor's car and got out. i walked to the door and doubted if this was a smart plan.

i looked through the window, seeing a laughing taylor holding elodie as they were baking something. joe was saying something which made her laugh more before he picked up elodie and twirled her around in the air. i could hear their laughs throughout the walls.

i sighed before knocking on the door. i didn't drive this long to not go through with it. "i wet it" i heard elodie yell and not much later the door opened, showing elodie.

her smile faded as she saw me. "hey princess" i said with a smile. i went in for a hug but she crossed her arms. "u bad bad man" she said as she shook her head. "mummy! joey! bad bad man here" she yelled.

i heard joe chuckle as he showed up behind elodie. "oh, harry" "is taylor here?" i brushed a hand trough my hair, i just wanted to make things right with taylor.

"it's better if you leave" joe said as he put his arms around elodie. "then i'm taking my child" "ur not taking elodie" joe said harshly.

"who is taking el?" i heard taylor say as she walked into the hallway. she froze when she saw me. "joe please take elodie to the living room" she said as she looked at him, a begging look in her eyes.

"let me know if you need me" he said before picking up elodie and whispering something in her ear which made elodie laugh. she jumped out his arms and ran back into whatever room was behind the door.
joe followed her and looked back at taylor once before closing the door.

"why are you here?" i just looked at her, not knowing what to reply. "you're not getting elodie if that's what you want"

i shook my head as she spoke. i took a deep breath before speaking "i'm sorry, i know i fucked up but i want to make it right, i am so sorry for fucking up. i know what i did was wrong but i was going to end it because i want you"

she shook her head. "i don't want you anymore. you're just as bad as the others, worse even. you can talk with my team if you want anything. don't show up here again or i'll get a restraining order"

there was no emotion in her eyes, the spark was gone. "taylor please let me explain" "leave and don't come back" she said harshly before slamming the door in my face.

AN:

okay i don't like writing from Harry's perspective as much but lmk of u want more from his perspective. i'll probably do another update today! ALSO ALSO!! TAYLOR IS FREE!!! im so happy for her, she finally can start re-recording