𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐇𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧' 𝟐.𝟎

***
my bitch is my money

money is my bitch

yeah that bitch treat me like a trick

she says without her I can't be rich

***

January 8th, '01

Twiggy's POV

After a day of going around town doing a few "aunties" some favors (you know, grocery shoppin' and shit), I made a quick stop to the music store on 134th and Lenox.

"Ayeee, my man! Twiggy baby, what it do, what it do?," Willis, the shop owner and my only business partner, said, pullin' me in for a hug after dappin' me up.

"Chillin'," I told him truthfully, "It's you we gotta be worried about, 'tcho old ass. You still seein' that doctor, right? Your meds up-to-date?"

"Man, chill out scrap. You know Sinéad keepin' me healthy."

"Aight, coo' coo'," I said. "So, what you got for me?," I asked.

"Look here homie," he said, rushing over to a box. "I finally got you the Beatles "1" you was beastin' about. I got R Kelly's "TP-2" dot some shit and some Limp Biscuit shit."

"That's wassup, man. You know that Beatles album boutta be my biggest hit. Kelly gon do good too, but ion know 'bout them Bizkit bitches."

"Ah, them white kids gon' love that shit, son," Willy waved me off. "But you know what else?," he asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I got some never released shit."

My ears perked up, "Go on."

While digging into the bottom of the box, he said, "You know how they be sendin' me shit to sell a month or two later? Well, I got that J. Lo chick's album. Should be out on February 10."

He handed me a fresh CD, with J. Lo on the jacket. "She don't look that good up close," Willy pointed out, nonchalantly.

"Nah, but that ass?"

"Oooh, si mami!," we laughed out loud, slappin' skin.
After settling down, I paid and thanked Willy for the albums and made my way home.

***

I lived in a condo right outside Central Park, on the north side. It ain't fancy or anything, but it was private, had parking and most importantly, I owned it after buying it with cash on the first day.

I drove into the sub level parking area and went up 10 sets of stairs before taking the elevator for the last 8 floors. With only so many hours during the day, a man's gotta try to keep in shape the best way he could.

Steppin' into my crib, I put some Hot Pockets in the microwave and checked my answering machine. Upon hearing Cam'ron, I turned it off.

Cam was my people, no doubt about it, but I ain't like the shit he pulled on that kid the other day. Not wanting to get into my feelings, I grabbed my Hot Pockets and started upstairs to my "office". Work would calm me down and make me some money.

When I was 17, I came across a truth. I didn't wanna go to college. It was something no one had ever pushed on me, so all my life I pushed it on myself. I worked my ass off in class, day in and day out, determined to get my high school diploma and find a scholarship that could get me some kinda ride to college.