𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

I 09

I 09. I

𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔

❝ prometheus ❞

THALIA ALMOST BLASTED HER WITH LIGHTNING WHEN ARIADNE WALKED OUT. The ravenette's sky blue eyes were wide while staring at the brunette.

Ariadne was knocked back by a body colliding into her's.  There was a small weeping sound in her shoulder, and the brunette noticed it sounded an awful like Grover.

"You're okay!" he cried.

She patted his back softly. "Yeah," she said, grunting at how tight the satyr was holding her. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Grover let go, backing up and allowing her to see him wiping away his tears. His nose was runny. He furiously wiped away the tears rolling down his cheeks, giving her a relieved smile.

Thalia finally came to her senses and hugged the girl. A shock sent part of Ariadne's hair toward the sky, baby hairs sticking up and the static that ran through her body. Ariadne smelled rain near her friend, and that was enough comfort to know she was alive, thankfully.

The Hunter pulled away. She socked Ariadne in the shoulder, causing the brunette to hiss and hold it. "You scared me. You scared all of us," she said.

"I'm sorry," Ariadne said.

Grover stared at her. "How are you okay?" he asked. "I remember seeing you so pale you looked ready to drop dead—"

Thalia elbowed him in the gut at the brunette's nervous expression.

"I don't know," the brunette said.

Thalia gulped. "Well, glad you're up, because we need to get Percy," she said.

"Why?"

"Because a Titan wants to see you two," the daughter of Zeus said.

Ariadne's brows furrowed before she followed the darker haired girl to the room Percy had been sleeping in while she had been out in the terrace.

The daughter of Dionysus tilted her head and looked around. "Where's Annabeth?"

"Watching out for Kronos's army," Grover said.

Ariadne waited outside Percy's room. She fiddled with the pearl necklace around her neck. Her shoulder leaned against the pale walls of the Plaza, and Ariadne gazed around at the luxurious interior while sighing.

She brushed a fallen piece of hair from her face, curling it around her finger and letting it spring back up.

"Percy," Thalia said, Ariadne hearing from the open door. "Come on. It's late afternoon. We've got visitors."