Lies

Feel like I should mention that last chapter was supposed to have a slight angst the end with a drunk person making adora have a panic attack but i decided to keep that chapter pure fluff and load all the angst here and forward. Y'all are welcome 🙂

Trigger Warning: Shadow Weaver, homophobia, extreme guilt tripping and emotional abuse.

Catra's POV

When I got home after that eventful day I was so happy. Too happy to care about mother. That was a mistake.

I guess I should've known better than to be happy right? To ever get my hopes up, to dare imagine something good finally happening to me.

It was my fault, after all. I was so careless.

I dropped my bag in the living room. She wasn't home. I was so filled with happiness that I didn't bother to go to my room.

I opened my phone to our last message with Adora. 

Should I ask if this was a date?

What if she didn't see it as one.

What if she sees me as a creep beacuse I thought this was a date when it wasn't?

No, that wouldn't happen. Adora isn't like that. Okay. So what do I do.

A thought which was either brilliant as fuck or the worst idea I've ever had struck me.

Come out to her.

Okay I know what you're thinking. Awful idea right?

But think about it. The best case scenario is that she'll be accepting and I won't have to hide and I'll have a true friend that accepts me. The worst case is that she'll think I'm a creep and won't ever talk to me again which is very bad but I won't get more attached to someone who thinks of me like that. She wouldn't tell anyone no matter which scenario it is.

Right?

This is probably a bad idea but I'm doing it anyways. Impulse control who?

I looked at my phone to see that she had messaged me first.

Adora: Hey, I really had fun today.

Catra: Me too.

Adora: We should do this again sometime.

Catra: yeah

Catra: Adora there's something I want to tell you.

Adora: Yeah?

Catra: I like girls.

My phone landed on my bed before I realized I had thrown it.

What if she never wants to see me again?

No, she wouldn't.

Right?

I gathered up the courage to check my phone only to realize she hadn't responded yet.

Come on, what's taking so long?

Adora: I'm so happy for you and I'm very happy you told me :) I identify as a lesbian too.

Catra: nice 👉👉

I take it back. THIS is the best case scenario. I screamed in happiness. Loudly. Very loudly. Too loudly in fact.

Too loud to hear the door opening.