Chapter 23

Ladybird sat in her usual seat at the debrief table, Red Hood and Spoiler flanking her. Batman was discussing some new villain to keep an eye out for and how to handle them.

"Unless anyone has anything else to discuss, you're all dismissed."

"Uh, I do. I won't be able to go on patrol again until April."

"What do you need to do for two weeks that's more important than this?" Batman countered, annoyed. She should have at least given more notice.

"Paris, there is a celebration for the defeat of hawkmoth. It's the anniversary of his first attack next week and I've been asked to attend. The Mayor asked on social media earlier today."

"And your partner?" Orphan inquired.

"No." Batman raises a brow at that but she refuses to acknowledge it.

"Why for so long?" Ladybird gave him a look, the reason was far too personal to share with risking her identity.

"Robin will go as well, you won't interact and the public won't know but Robin will be there to make sure everything goes smoothly. You aren't fully trained yet." Ladybird huffed but nodded.

"Transportation?"

"I have it covered."

"You shouldn't have to fly over to Paris at your own expense, we have ways to get you there." Nightwing offered.

"Who said anything about flying?" Ladybug winked with a mischievous smile, they'd probably spend the next two weeks trying to find out what she meant.

"Anyways, it's getting late, au revoir!" And just like that, the short bluenette had yo-yoed out of the cave with a mocking salute.

"TIKKI! What am I gonna do?!?! Why did I decide to go? I should have said no! What if I see them? What if something happens and-"

"BUG!" Plug cut into Marinette's panicked rambling as she threw outfits together in a whirlwind of nervous creative energy.

"You gotta chill out, we've been through this."

"Yeah, you're just going to go and enjoy the city with your new classmates and the heroes day celebrations!"

"Yeah, the celebration is gonna be a great distraction for your group while you do a quick hello in the suit."

"And I'll be able to use my old suit? Right?" Marinette took a calming breath as she looked over all the outfits she laid out on her bed. She'd have something appropriate to wear to everywhere they visited and two extra outfits just in case, her uniform for the class picture, the horse miraculous would come with her just in case of an emergency.

"Don't worry, Marinette, just focus on having fun. You deserve a break after how hard you've worked this year!" The Parisian smiled at the two kwamis before checking her clock. It was Saturday, the 21st of March and her flight was the next day.

It was already ten in the morning!

Marinette rushed to put shoes on before rushing down to the bakery to help her parents only to see an unfortunately familiar face looking into the bakery from across the street. The bluenette glared as he crossed the street, hiding behind the counter when she saw Damian's siblings.

She had to spin this off in her favor while a) feeding his siblings, b) pissing the brat off, and c) without letting Damian in.

"Papa!" Tom Dupain was refilling one of the display cases when Marinette called him, he looked concerned as to why she was hiding.