19 | guilt and sorrows

19 | GUILT AND SORROWS

The next morning, Mando was the first one up from the bed

The next morning, Mando was the first one up from the bed. The child was still sleeping, so Celeste got up and entered the living area. She looked around and took in the damage she had done to the house. The furniture was all pushed away from the center of the room, where she once stood, and some smashed into little pieces from the impact. Celeste felt guilty as she noticed the destruction she caused.

She walked outside for a moment, looking for Mando. She saw him readying a speeder for him to take to town and check in on his ship. Cautiously, Celeste approached him. She fumbled her thumbs together, anxiously, as she waited for him to notice her. He turned around and looked at her, silently. "Mando..." She began, taking a step toward him.

He didn't budge. Not a word came out of his mouth and not a muscle moved in his body. "I'm sorry," she frowned, feeling the urge to cry again. She waited a moment before she threw herself at him, hugging him tightly, allowing the cold beskar to sting her cheeks as she pressed her face into his chest. Mando caressed her head, comforting her. "Forgive me." Her voice was begging.

Mando couldn't not forgive her. He loved her too much. Was he scared of her a little bit? Yes. But that didn't erase the fact that he still cared about her. "You need help, Cel," Mando told her.

She didn't reply, she didn't think she needed help. I don't need help, I need to control the Force better. She thought to herself. In her mind, she was merely out of touch with her sensitivity to the force. But, that was not the case at all. In fact, she was quite in control of it. And when she became emotional, her emotions took the reins on the force.

* * *

The first order of business to move forward with finding the child's home was finding other Mandalorian to help him return the child to where it came from. What Mando didn't tell Celeste was that it was the Armorer that bestowed this mission upon Mando and that he learned that the people of his kind were enemies to the Mandalorian. People of his force-sensitive kind. Meaning, Celeste was supposed to his enemy, as well.

The only place that Mando knew where information about where other Mandalorians were located was with the criminal Gor Koresh. He hosted fighting pit events where other thugs could join and bet on their fighters. It was located in the slums of the planet Byss.

Celeste walked beside Mando, a scarf tied around her face to conceal the lower half of her face. A saber dangled on the right side of her waist below her cloak and on the left was a blaster, not able to be seen by any strangers. The child sat in his cradle which trailed the two as they approached the guard standing outside of the building where Koresh was located in.

"We're here to see Gor Koresh," Mando told the guard.

The guard looked down at the child, then back up at Mando. "Enjoy the fights," the guard allowed the three in without much hesitation.