4. FIN

Josephine groaned as she felt herself being picked up. She had always been a light sleeper, especially because of the way she grew up alongside her mother.

She slightly stirred in the person's muscley arms, breathing in the scent of expensive cologne.

Vesper smiled as he looked down at his sister's adorable scrunched up nose. A nostalgic feeling crept up at him. He remembered that she used to do that when she was younger.

Josephine opened her eyes and gazed at her brother, silently asking him to put her down.

He complied and she thanked him for letting her get some rest.

"Where are we?" She asked in confusion.

"We're in New York. You fell asleep so I carried you into the plane and then into a car. Now we're home," Vesper answered.

She stood there in shock that she didn't wake up when he took her onto the plane. She didn't even hear it take off.

She hummed as she thought, 'I must have been really tired.'

Fin gazed at the mansion in front of her. It was beautiful and elegant, which she expected Vesper's house to look like after meeting him.

Her brother just gave out that kind of vibe.

Just as she was about to get one of her suitcases, he stopped her and said that the workers will get them.

She nodded and allowed Vesper to  lead her into the house. He took her to the living room where a man was standing.

She held a breath as he approached her.

He was obviously another brother of hers as he looked very similar to Vesper. He gave her a tight-lipped smile and awkwardly hugged her.

"I'm Theodore, your fourth brother. You're all grown up now. The last time I saw you, you were still in diapers." He said after backing away from her.

Josephine smiled but said nothing. All she thought about was how they knew about her before but she has neither seen nor heard from them.

Why didn't they visit or call? Why didn't her mother tell her about her older brothers?

Fin decided to let it go, for now, the day has already been stressful.

"Let's get you settled in sister," Theodore said with a little enthusiasm and walked towards a grand staircase.

She nodded and had no choice but to follow him. He gave her a small tour of the rooms they passed and warned her about the places she was not allowed to go. Specifically the basement. They do their 'work' there.

'Not suspicious at all' She thought.

They finally stopped. Theo grinned widely and gestured for her to open the door.

She turned the knob and pushed the door open before stepping in.

Fin was in awe. The bedroom was beautiful and she appreciated the amount of work that was put into it.

"Thank you, I love it," She told him.

Theo kissed her head and said, "You should get some rest. I'll call you when dinner is ready." Then he walked out the door and lightly closed it behind him.

∞∞~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~∞∞

Sorry, this chapter is so short, I just wanted to post something. 🙄

I'll add more to the chapter later on. I've been feeling kind of uninspired to write lately.

Hope I get out of my funk soon.

Anyway, thanks for reading what I have so far. ❤

It means a lot to me.

So here is a flower for my appreciation. 🌹