XXVI: Busted!

Athena

"How was your trip?" Emma chimed as I stepped into my cabin. Mr.King was generous to give me a day break to rest and today I came back to work.

"Nothing much to talk about" I shrugged, it's not like I'll say that her dear cousin asked me to be his friend. I blushed remembering the way he held me through out the flight as if his life depended on it, Man! he's really afraid of flying.

"Oh Really? Then what are you blushing at?" she raised her eyebrows, a sly smirk playing on her lips.

"Huh! I wasn't blushing I think it's the heat yeah!" I immediately cringed as those words left my mouth.

"It's winter, and your feeling hot?" she asked with a doubtful look, not buying my reason.

"I think I'm having a fever" I let out an exasperated sigh as I rubbed my forehead.

"Ok then, I'll ask Zee for sure" My eyes widened as she turned to leave,

"No!" I called out, she stopped, turning with a frown "I mean wait, I'll tell you" I whispered fumbling with my fingers. Now, I have to explain the whole story again. Yesterday Ruby didn't spare me from her interrogation and trust me you wouldn't wanna face a curious Ruby. She'll trouble you till she get's her answers. Seems like Emma is Ruby's twin.

"I'm all ears" she grinned clapping her hands.

With a sigh I started explaining everything from him holding my hand during flight, the trip, masquerade ball ,our fight and me ignoring him to how we came to good terms.

"I'm surprised by his behaviour" she gave me a thoughtful expression.

"Well I'm not, his crazy mood swings are unbearable" I shivered thinking about his ever changing moods. He's worse than a pregnant woman!

She seemed like she wanted to say something but refrain from it "That's true" she said with a light chuckle. "Yeah!" I agreed laughing along with her.

I saw the lift door open and Mr.king walked out wearing a grey suit and white button up. His hair was slightly messed and his signature frown was evident on his face.

"Mr.king is here I'll have to make his coffee talk to you later "

"Eager to talk to him are we?"

"There's nothing like that" I reprimanded but all she did was laugh and walked away saying whatever makes me sleep.

A ghost smile crept onto my face, perhaps I'm actually eager to talk to him. This is a new begining for us as friends but why does my heart ache at that?

Ignoring the new unknown feeling bubbling within me, I went to the small kitchen for the staff and prepared his black coffee before going to his cabin. I knocked on the door twice hearing his low 'come in'.

Opening the door, I step inside with a smile before walking to his desk and placing the coffee. He searching for something in his desk.

"Good Morning Mr.King! " I greeted, he looked up, my heart pickup it's pace as our eyes met. His beautiful green eyes never fails to take my breath away.

"Morning" Did he really wish me back, and is that a small smile I see on his face?

I blinked few times, unable to believe this. Is it really Mr.King or his lookalike?

"Anything on my face?" He asked amused, cocking an eyebrow. Damn it man! Stop looking so sexy!!

"Huh! What? N..no..nothing I was just thinking that you returned my greeting" I awkwardly chuckled