Chapter 21

Saturday, September 20th - 6:30 PM

Rushing back and forth between the bathroom and her room, Y/N kept forgetting to bring all her pieces of clothing to the bathroom. She was scared she was going to be late since Jihoon said his birthday party starts at 7:30 PM, and she had just an hour. However, it was one hour to get dressed and get there. As Y/N dried her hair after taking a quick bath, the thoughts from the day before came to her mind; she was still flustered and she felt guilty of seeing the both of them. After all, Y/N kissed Jimin right after telling him that Jihoon's presence still does something incredible to her poor heart.

She put a little bit of mascara on her eyelashes and a shiny pink lip-gloss. Y/N isn't the party type, she's a really cheerful and calm person, so she isn't into skimpy clothing; that was also something that Jihoon and Jimin both liked about her.

Before taking a bath, she took a few minutes to run through her clothes and find something suitable for the night's feast. As she scanned the closet attentively, her eyes landed on a pair of black ripped jeans and a red turtle neck; on top, she wore a blouson jacket. It was a bit casual, but she liked it.

Once she was finally ready, she grabbed her purse and hugged her dad before taking her leave, "Bye Dad, I think I'll be back before 9:00 PM, you know I don't like parties." she let go of him and zipped up her jacket.

"Then why are you going? Is it because of one of those twins? Which one?" she sighed and put one of her hands into the pocket of her jacket as she held Jihoon's present with the other.

"Dad, please... I'm a bit confused, so when I'm ready, I'll tell you who is who to me." her dad wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but he understood. He nodded and set her off.

"Have fun! Don't you dare to drink!" he shouted from the kitchen as she opened the door,

"I know that! I'll never waste my first time drinking at a party. You shall teach me later on!" he snickered as he heard the door close, Y/N grew up well, even without a mother...

Y/N enjoyed walking to Jihoon's house by herself, it's true that it was a bit dangerous since it's almost night, but nothing happened, and that's what matters, right?

She arrived in front of the twin's enormous mention and rang the bell; some girls that were outside for some fresh air, eyed her weirdly, making her feel like an outsider. She knew she wasn't rich and all, but she wasn't poor either and plus she was probably closer to the twins than most of the people staring at her. Jihoon opened the door his perky smile plastered over his face, "Hi! I've been hoping to see you soon!"

"Yeah, sorry I took a bit too long while choosing clothes and taking a bath!" she rubbed the back of her neck, feeling just a slight bit of embarrassment. Jihoon also laughed, joy quickly taking over him just by seeing her face. "Have you seen Jimin?" his face darkened at her question, but not enough for her to notice it, " Remember I told you I convinced him to come? We bought you a present together!" she smiled, bringing the gift-bag up and wiggling it slightly. "Also, I'm leaving a bit early, you know I don't enjoy loud places for too long..."

"Sure, I know," he said already expecting her to remind him of that. Jihoon had to admit that he felt grateful for the present, and he was inquisitive about what a collaboration between Jimin and Y/N could look like. He led the way inside and said, "I guess he is on the balcony..." they went upstairs and checked on the balcony, that was exactly where Jimin was at. She watched him leaning on the railing and drowning into the thoughts of his own.

"Hi Jimin!" it was like a reflex; as soon as Jimin heard her voice, he turned around at a speed faster than the light. She grabbed Jimin's sleeve and brought him closer to Jihoon, handing him the bag containing his gift. "Open it, please! We hope you like it." she squeezed Jimin's hoodie tightly, feeling a bit nervous and hoping he'd like the present. Jihoon wowed breathlessly as he stared at the giant box of the 2000-pieces puzzle and when he was what the picture was, he asked,

"Who picked t-the p-picture?" Jimin cleared his throat, looking away from his brother's touched look, and Y/N pointed at him as she bit her lower lip excitedly. "Hyung... you remember?" Jimin nodded without saying anything, and Y/N elbowed him signalling him to say something.

"I um... I remember." Y/N laughed at Jimin'd incapability of expressing his feelings, "Hey! What? He asked if I remembered and I said yes, what else do you want from me?" he huffed, making Y/N only laugh harder, both Jihoon's and his own hearts beating at a fast speed. "Since we are leaving in a few hours, I'll be nice and give you time to gain some points with Y/N. I'm way too ahead of you..." he started walking away, but stopped when he was near Jihoon, "The more honest you are, the more 'points' you'll gain... tell her what you did. She'll feel upset, but she'll consider more the fact that you told her. I decided it was your responsibility to tell her, not mine, and it's also your responsibility to prove her you are not the bad guy." he whispered into Jihoon's ear before leaving them alone on the balcony.

Jimin's words were something unexpected for Jihoon, and he really started feeling guilty for what he has done. He also knew that he would have to tell her at some point, whether it's now or later, and that's why he had to tell her right now; the sooner, the better. "Y/N..." he whispered as he leaned on the railing, right beside her.

"What did Jimin say to you?" she asked, hoping it was nothing hurtful, but she believed in Jimin.

"I have to tell you the truth... just listen till the end please..." she looked at him perplexed, but then turned back to face forward, waiting for him to speak, "You know when Jimin got beaten up after school? It was my doing, I asked Yoongi and Taehyung to do that." she was shocked as she completely froze in her spot, but she kept listening because that's what she was asked to do. "It was because I was so angry at him for 'stealing' you from me when you weren't even mine from the begging. Also, the alarm button..." she turned to look at him with a 'no way' look, but he just nodded.

Finally, it made sense to her what Jimin said, the perpetrator was right in front of her, but she couldn't see him. This is what Jimin was talking about outside the director's office... she felt really stupid about how she never realized how easy all this was. The way that he was able to befuddle her so easily really made her heart drop. Was she really this easy?

"I know you probably think that I have been faking my perky personality all of this time, but that's not it. Every single smile I gave you was sincere, and I know I've been a monster to Jimin, that's why I decided to play it fair. I decided not to try to drag Jimin down because every time I tried to do so I dragged myself down with him. Plus you always ran to Jimin, I can't believe that I just realized that the more I try to push you away from him, the more you run towards him. I'm sorry Y/N, you must hate me... I think I have lost all of my chances with you." he looked down as the stinging pain of this admission hit him right into his chest. Y/N frowned feeling confused because she didn't necessarily hate him, she was really upset, but her attraction for him was not gone yet.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜