Fifty-Three: Breathe

An: I live. What should I be doing? HW. What am I doing? tHiS. You're welcome. Self control? None. Anyway. Um. So Very Breakable. For the anime fans. BNHA. Yeah. Ok im done, enjoy the story byeee.

3rd P.O.V:

Percy had been sprinting through the strange cave for around 20 minutes before the haze cleared from her mind. Leaning against the stone wall, she allowed herself a moment to stop and breathe, calm herself down from the adrenalin rush that had been fueling her panicked state.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

She began to recall where she was. How she had gotten there. The powerful urge to rip the world apart to find her sister and Annabeth slowly dulled.

It made sense now, why she hadn't had any idea where she was going, why every turn felt like the wrong one, only driving her more on edge. She was in the Batcave. She had to be.

The last thing she truly remembered  was a nice, older British man catching her as she fell. Then it was black. She must have been correct in her judgement. Lucky her.

She gingerly touched the bandages that were now soaked in blood, the stitches that must have been carefully administered while she was unconscious ripped open. She winced.

She felt embarrassed. She showed up here, begging for help, and not only does she get it, but she hurts those who helped her. Heat rose to her face as she flushed in shame.

She didn't remember who she had attacked when she had woken up, she barely remembered anything from her drug induced haze. Oh gods....

What if she killed them?

A hand flew to her mouth in horror as she sunk down against the wall, choking back sobs. She desperately tried to focus on what she had done.

The idea that she had killed them was totally plausible. And that was what really scared her. The idea that she could just kill someone and not even notice. Not even care.

Maybe she wasn't as removed from the Pit's influence as she thought...

She gagged.

Forcing down another panic attack, she began to stand. Tears lining her eyes, threatening to spill over, she tried to focus.

Taking a deep breath, she began to try and reach out with her powers to search for people. It took a lot of focus and a lot of control to be able to sense mortals on such a finite level, hence why she couldn't do it in her panicking, strung out state. She had to calm down.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

She sifted through the infinite amount of water particles in the air, feeling the steady buzz of water around her. Focus.

She strained herself, sweat already beading on her forehead. She must have been weaker than she thought, not nearly recovered enough for this. Still, she had to try. She had to find them. Because if she killed them... Gods if she killed them...

There.

Three people, not moving. She recognized them as in the vague direction she thought she came from. That had to be who she attacked. Who she- who she might have...killed.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and began to run again. Dear gods please let them be alive.
________________________________

Diana groaned as she shifted on the cold floor of the Med bay. She saw Batman shake his head and slowly sit up. Gods she felt like she had been hit by a truck. What happened?

She remembered walking into the Med bay with Batman, Agent A having informed them that Percy was out of the woods. She was all patched up and they could see her, but she wouldn't be waking up for a couple more hours.

She looked to the bed Percy had been laying on when they arrived. She had been dead asleep. But seeing as she was now gone and all three of them were on the floor, that obviously had not been the case.

Batman shifted next to her, checking something on his wrist. She shifted closer to him.

"How long have we been out?" She questioned, slightly dreading the answer. He grunted.

"About half an hour, give or take." He said, his voice laced with hints of annoyance. Diana rubbed her temples.

"Well she can't have gotten too far, she doesn't know her way around the cave." Diana said, hoping that her statement was true. Next to them, Alfred let out a low groan of pain.

"What happened?" He asked, shaking his head.

"Percy." Batman said darkly. He turned to Diana.

"What made her lash out like that? How did she wake up so fast?" Batman demanded. Diana rubbed her eyes, trying to force the fuzziness from her mind.

"Uhm, well," she began, racking her brain for answers. "She is a demigod. Accelerated healing. It makes sense that the drugs wouldn't have as much impact on her. As for why she attacked, I have no idea. Maybe it has something to do with..." Diana paused. Her breath caught in her throat. The scars. Gods there had been so many. Just how much of her cousin's life had she missed? What happened??

Batman seemed to pick up on what Diana was trying to say, as he awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Right. Well, we better find her. And fast." Diana nodded and began to rise, Batman helping Alfred to his feet.

A loud clang shot through the tense silence, making everyone in the room jump, on edge and ready for a fight.

There was the clatter of foot steps and the last person they expect to see burst through the door, frantic eyes searching the room.

Percy had tears running down her still dirty face, making pale tracks making their way down her cheeks. Her breathing was uneven and her bandages were a dark red color, indicating that she reopened her wounds. Panic was openly displayed on her face and her eyes were wide with fear.

Afraid that Percy was still out of it, Diana raised her hands in surrender and took a step back.

"Percy..." She started slowly, her voice laced with caution. However, when a look of pure relief washed over Percy's face and she threw herself forward, hugging Diana fiercely, Wonder Woman couldn't help but let a shock of confusion wash over he body.

"Percy?" She questioned again, sending confused glances to Batman and Alfred who stood awkwardly off to the side, both of them still tense and equally confused.

Percy let out a gurgled noise that sounded like a sigh mixed with a sob.

"I'm so sorry." She said, pulling away from Diana, looking at her up and down, shooting apologetic glaces at Batman and Alfred as well. She turned back to Diana.

"I thought I had killed you." She whispered, her voice broken. All Diana could to in response was pull Percy in for another tight hug as tears flooded her eyes and protective anger bubbled in her chest. What happened to her cousin?