Chapter 18 Talk

John was lying on the couch. Seraphina brings a glass of water to John. She moves the glass of water to his neck.

"Ahhh! Cold!" John says as he shivers. "WHAT THE-?" he suddenly stops as the pain gets to him. "Ah fuck!" as he holds his arm. "Hey! Can't you see that I'm injured?" he asks.

"It's alright. Elaine will be here soon anyways." Seraphina says then she takes a sip of the water. "Water?" as she gives the glass of water to John.

'But you already drank most of it.' John thinks. He grabs the glass of water and drinks it.

"My! That's one hell of a indirect kiss right there." Zari says with a smirk.

John and Seraphina look surprised and blush a little.

"So... What happened out there?" Seraphina asks, trying to ignore what Zari said earlier.

"Ah... Well, it's what you expected. The Ace leaves and everyone targets her weak friend." John says.

"Unless me or Zane scare or beat them." Zari adds.

"No. That's not what I'm talking about. I've never seen you break down like that before. After two weeks, the first thing you say to me is 'Don't look at me right now'? That's not right." Seraphina states.

"But I'm fine now, see? Zari helped me get here. I just didn't expect you back so soon! Anyways, what about you? Where have you been? You weren't online and-" gets cut off.

"Don't change the subject." Seraphina says with a stern look.

'Damn! She caught on quick.' Zari thinks.

"What do you mean? I was worried that something had happened to you! You disappeared without saying anything." John says.

"*sigh* My parents cut off the internet. But I convinced them to let me come back early. So, I'm crashing at your place." Seraphina says.

Zari raises an eyebrow. 'She gonna stay here with John. Oooooo! I bet they are really gonna enjoy their fun.' Zari smirks as she thinks about it.

"Now explain." Seraphina says with concern.

John looks at Seraphina. Seraphina glares at John. Zari looks at the message from Zane.

[Message]
Zane: Me and Rosa will arrive shortly.

Zari: Oh okay. Just to let you know. Seraphina called Elanie to heal John.

Zane: Well Rosa can heal John from any injuries she might have missed or couldn't fully heal. It's better than letting him still feel the pain. So, did you tell Seraphina yet?

Zari: Well... John and Seraphina are kinda having an argument.

Zane: Great! That's the last thing we did. No matter, We'll see you soon.

Zari: Alright!

Zari looks at John and Seraphina.

"I had enough of the bullying, alright? And I really didn't want you to come back and see me so defeated. But, whatever! You're back now, so everything can go back to the way it was." John says.

Seraphina looks shocked by his answer. John and Zari stay silent.

*DING DONG, DING DONG*

"That's probably Elaine." Seraphina states.

Seraphina walks toward the door and opens it. She looks at the tired Elaine.

"*pant* Sorry it took so long, I was hanging out with Ar-a friend!" Elaine says while still panting.