Chapter 12 *Unedited *

Excuse the grammar guys.

"Can i carry him now" My little sister Tia squealed in excitement, we were currently in my bedroom surrounded by almost twenty of my first cousins. I had told some of them to give us some space and return later. I was more than overwhelmed and anxious for Isaiah. I knew that I would have to move to my mums room for privacy and to spend some alone time with him. We only had two hours left together.

"Naah man, hes gonna cry again" I objected, it took me a while to calm him down when my mum held him. It was certainly something I was not trying to do again. Almost everyone downstairs commented on how cute and how much he resembled me. I would be lying if I said I was not entirely gassed by all their remark.

"Brenda where's Wilson?" I asked, only now did I realise that my favourite cousin Wilson was not here. Out of all of my twenty plus, cousin he was the closest Male cousin to my age. The rest were either female, younger then me or my older brothers (Dante)age mates.

"Cunch" She stated honestly, which I disappointedly shock my head at. Dante had taken the soul of at least two to three of our male cousins, he was such a bad influence and I found it infuriating how he got away with it. The saint narrative that my mum painted over him was quickly stripped away from him, the moment he went to prison last year for GBH. He only had one year and a bit left to his sentence, which I dreaded.

"Wilson man" I stated disappointedly, I was more than disappointed at him. We spoke about this and how we were not going to allow our older brothers antiques influence us into becoming gang members. I hadn't spoken to him in months due to Uni, Isaiah and my summer job which meant that I was far too busy to check up on him.

"He's proper cute yu know, whose his mum?" Brenda asked eagerly and continued before I could respond "Can I take a picture, I won't post on socials?" Brenda asked respectfully which I nodded, I had already told everyone that I didn't want my son on any social media platform. I didn't mind them taking pictures for their own person use, just not on big big social media. I'm a pretty private guy, no one needs to know what my son looks like.

"Damilola"  I answered, the moment I had told my mum about Isaiah after he was born and my conversation with Naomi. She broadcasted it to all my Aunties and Uncle. She was beyond disappointed in me and was not afraid to vocalise her disgust in me for abandoning Damilola for all those months. Also the fact I lied to her, at the time about not being the father.

"Oh yur bestfriend since nursery" She asked, almost everyone in my family knew who Damilola and Tion was. They were at almost every single one of my house parties as kids and spent almost every summer holiday together.

"Yeah, im gonna go into my mums room now" I announced, as I carried Isaiah and his travel bag in the direction of my room. My mum just happened to increase the volume of her speakers, scaring Isaiah in the process, which he cried for a second. I found myself feeling a tad bit, overwhelmed I was a father and there was no Dami here to take over, I had him all to myself without her supervision.

*

"That defo ain't yur baby, he's way too cute to be yur son" Tion admired, he had now only arrived at mine and was already throwing insults.Isaiah had finally loosened up and was currently sat on the floor exploring my mums room. He had already almost broken his grandmas headphones, which I was quick to take out from his hand before he put it in his mouth.

"Naah he's sexy like me" I stated defensively. He looked just like me as a baby, which I got the approval from my aunts and uncles. Everything I needed to hear, only the haters my little cousins mainly objected to it.