ALT. ENDING

(A/N: mind you, this is the original ending of this story. I don't know how sad this ending can be, but if you're the kind of readers who have weak hearteu for sad ending, well... brace yourself 😞)

He lowered down the phone, a single year dropped on the screen.

"Maybe... it's over for me. But it's not over for you. Remember, Tae. Live your life to the fullest. You deserve it. Oh! And um... I love you." You hid your pale face behind your palms. "Alright. I think that's enough for goodbye speech. I don't think I can go on because if I do, it's gonna be two hours of me crying like a baby." You laughed again. "I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, either intentionally or not."

You sighed one last time. "Caregiver Suyin signing off. And have a nice day, Mr Kim. Goodbye." You crawled towards the camera and the video ended.

The video was the last message and words you recorded for him. Then you passed away two days later.

Everyone was grieving, but the one who deeply affected the most is Taehyung. People slowly moved on, but he was still grieving.

It was a mess. Taehyung, was in a complete mess. He couldn't accept the fact that you were gone. He refused to attend to your funeral because he was in denial, thinking that it was some kind of a sick joke or a prank.

A day before your funeral, he went to the hospital and asked where you were. He asked almost every of the staffs there, not accepting 'no' for an answer no matter how hard the nurses and doctors told him about your passing.

The staffs received complaints about him raging in the ward, so they had to make him leave.

It has been going on for almost three weeks, and things getting pretty serious with his changing attitude.

No one could match with his stubbornness.

One day he came to the hospital again and made a scene, Dr Min stepped in and tried to calm him down. Which unexpectedly work as he finally calmed. But the determination to prove them wrong didn't stop there.

"You know what? I will go to her house and find her there. And don't even bother." He pointed at the security. "I will walk myself out."

He stomped and left the ward for good. The nurses were shaking their heads and proceeded with their work, while Dr Min sighed out to his sympathy for him. "He needs help."

Taehyung was speeding all the way from the hospital to your house, having so much faith that you were somewhere in your house probably chilling with your family.

He parked the car right in front of the house and rushed to the front door, leaving his car unlocked.

"Suyin! Lee Suyin open the door!"

He bang the door, but no one answers. It was so quiet.

"Suyin! I know you're in there. Stop hiding and open this door now. Please..."

Suddenly he felt a few tap on his shoulder. He quickly turned around, and it scared the young woman away.

"Excuse me, sir. May I know what are you doing here?" She politely asked.

"She's in there right? Are you their neighbour? You must have kept the spare key to their house, right?" He bombarded her with questions which made the young woman froze.

"I... um, I don't know what you're talking about." She chuckled nervously, scratching the side of her head.

"Suyin and her family. They're still in there, am I right??" His insistence starting to make her confuse and uncomfortable a little bit.