166

"Is that Viktor Krum?" I asked Bill when I saw the familiar face among people in the reception. He was currently talking to Hermione who didn't seem too interested in him.

"He's a friend of Fleur's from the tournament." he told me. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh it's just that I... I had en encounter with him back in my sixth year. That's all."

"Not a pleasant encounter I'll take it?"

I shrugged and looked up at him. "I will not say anything else. I don't wish to talk bad about one of your guests."

Seeing Krum was weird. I hadn't seen him for three years when he was so obsessed with trying to steal me away from George. I remember Fred going into protective mode to scare him off and I remember Krum insulting the Weasley family. How funny that he's attending a Weasley wedding.

Suddenly Krum's eyes met mine and his eyebrows raised in surprise. He probably hadn't expected me to be here. Maybe he didn't think I'd still be with George or maybe he had simply forgotten all about me until now.

"Liz."

I jumped a little but then looked at George who approached. "My great-aunt Muriel wants to meet you."

His great-aunt Muriel... great. I have heard so many things about her but none of them were good. Well, there was one good thing. She would do anything for her family even if she was rude and hated everyone. She's over a hundred years old. 107 to be exact.

"She said that?"

"Yes." he nodded. "She's sitting over there."

He nodded in the direction of an elder woman with white hair, a black hat with some purple feathers on and some purple clothes. She didn't exactly look happy.

"Good luck. You're gonna need it." Bill told me before George grabbed my hand and started leading me through the crowd of dancing people.

"Aunt Muriel." George greeted. "This is my wife."

The woman looked up at me, then looked at her great-nephew. "This is your wife? She looks fifteen."

Ouch...

"I'm nineteen, ma'am." I said, forcing a smile before holding out a hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"What's your name?" she asked me without even looking at my hand. I slowly let it drop down next to my side and glanced at George who had his lips pressed together into a flat line.

"Lizzie, ma'am... well, it's–"

"Lizzie? What kind of name is that?"

"It's actually short for Elizabeth, ma'am." I said. I get why I've heard barely any good things about this woman.

"A fifteen-year-old girl named Elizabeth." she spoke, shaking her head. "Who're your parents. Are they here? I would like to meet them."

"Uh..."

George gave my hand a little squeeze.

"My mum passed away in March." I told Muriel who then nodded slowly.

"And you father?"

"Well... he's– he's not around."

Silence...

"A fifteen-year-old without parents. Tragic." she said and I looked up at George with a questioning look. He shook his head, telling me it was hopeless.

"She's nineteen." he told his great-aunt who then eyed me up and down.

"Not with that bosom, she isn't." she said, making my jaw drop in shock. She did not just accuse me of having small breasts. "She's all bones, barely any flesh. The girl needs some meat on her body."

"Alright. Thank you aunt Muriel." George hurried to say before leading me away again. "That did not go as planned."

"Did she really just comments on my boobies?"

George laughed softly at my use of word as he nodded slowly. "She did comment on your... boobies."

"They're not small, are they?" I asked and looked down at myself. George placed his hands on my upper arms and I looked at him again.

"They're perfect." he chuckled. "Don't take her words personally. She's rude to everyone. Earlier she called me lopsided because of my ear."

"She did not!" I gasped dramatically, making him laugh. "That's actually so rude."

"Well, that's who she is." he smiled. "I didn't expect her to be the nicest to you though I didn't except her to talk about your bosom."

"There's something else I want to know..." I said, pressing a finger to his lips when he leaned down to try and kiss me.

"No." he smiled. "You do not look fifteen."

"Thank god." I breathed and smiled against his lips when I allowed him to kiss me. My right hand went to the back of his neck as I moved my lips against his.

I was actually happy in this very moment. Everything that had happened weren't flooding my mind. I was distracted. My focus was on celebrating Bill and Fleur and my focus was on kissing my husband at the reception. Though I knew that as soon as things ended and things got back to normal, it would take over my mind and I would feel the heavy load of sadness that I feared so much.

Suddenly a blue light appeared and something shot through the ceiling of the tent. George and I pulled away from each other to see some kind of blue ball floating over the ground.

"The ministry has fallen. The minister of magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming. They are coming."

The blue ball disappeared and I realised it had been some kind of a Patronus. Everyone started to panic and so did I, though I was frozen. My heart was beating fast and my breathing came out heavy. I had no idea what was about to happen but I knew it couldn't be good.