168

The first night at shell cottage was hard. I shared one of the rooms with Kathy, Deanna and Ginny and they were all asleep while I wasn't. Kathy and Ginny shared the bed. Kathy because she was pregnant and Ginny because she was the youngest. That meant that Deanne and I shared the sofa that could unfold. I was sitting up and she was lying down, sleeping heavily. I was happy that she was safe. I was happy that all of them were safe.

Deanne and I weren't the best friends in our past years but she's family and I love her with everything I've got. She's always got her issues with handling her anger and her jealousy. I think it's from primary school. She used to get bullied a lot, once she even got beat up by a bunch of boys. Ever since that, she has had this attitude that she doesn't care. She got older and she used sex to distract herself from her insecurities.

With a heavy sigh leaving my mouth, I got up and left the bedroom, walking downstairs where George sat in the darkness, the only light coming from his wand.

"What are you doing?" I asked, causing him to look up at me. A smile appeared on his face and he motioned for me to come over. He sat with a book on the coffee table so out of curiosity, I sat down next to him.

"This is my family tree." he told me. "The family you married into."

"Why're you sitting with that at three in the morning?"

"Couldn't sleep." he told me. "I'm getting that neither could you."

"You would be correct." I smiled softly, moving to the edge of the sofa to have a closer look at all the names and photographs or drawings of people.

"See." he said in a whisper, placing a finger on himself in the book. "That's me... and that's you."

"Me?" I frowned. He was right. I was next to him with a thick string attaching us. The string symbolised marriage. "How– when did I get in that?"

"It's a magical book." he told me. "When something happens in the family, it goes onto here. Chrissy is on here as well. Says she died in the womb."

I hummed lightly, looking at our daughters name under the both of us. Then I saw a familiar name.

Narcissa Malfoy (Née Black)

"You're related to the Malfoy's?" I asked. "No wait... you're related to the Blacks?"

"All pureblood family are related, Liz." he told me. "But it's distant. Narcissa is my second cousin once removed."

I looked at him, no expression as I had no idea what he just said.

"Alright." he smiled, looking at me. "My dad's mother is Cedrella Black so she's my grandmother. She was disowned from the Black family for marrying my grandfather Septimus Weasley. Cedrella's parents were Lysandra and Arcturus Black the second. Those are my great-grandparents. Now, Arcturus' brother Sirius Black the second married Hesper Gamp and they had three children. Arcturus Black the second, Lycoris Black and Regulus Black. Those are my dad's great cousins and my great great cousins, also called first cousin once removed. Arcturus Black the second married Melania Macmillan and they had Orion Black who married his own cousin Walburga Black. They are my second cousins once removed. Walburga's brother Cygnus Black the third married Druella Black and they had Bellatrix Black, Narcissa Black and Andromeda Black. They're distant cousins."

"And Sirius?"

"Son of Walburga and Orion." he told me. "There are twenty-nine pureblood families left that are completely pure and if you look through this entire book, you'll find them all in my family tree."

"That I knew." I nodded. "Kathy is one of them."

"Right." he nodded. "Do you know the others?"

"A few." I said. "Do you know them?"

"I do."

"Tell me?" I smiled softly, placing my chin on his shoulder.

"Well, first of all we have my family. The Weasley family. Then there's the Black family, Abbott, Avery, Bulstrode, Burke, Carrow, Crouch, Fawley, Flint, Gaunt, Greengrass, Lestrange, Longbottom, Macmillan, Malfoy, Nott, Ollivander, Whitestone, Parkinson, Prewett, Rosier, Rowle, Selwyn, Shacklebolt, Shafiq, Slughorn, Travers and Yaxley."

I looked at George, smiling. "You're related to Kathy."

Then my smile dropped. "Fred and Kathy slept together three years ago."

"That they did." he laughed. "Thank god it's distant. It's not like she's our uncles daughter. We share a great-great-great grandparent."

He closed the light at the end of his wand and put it down while pushing the book further onto the table. He then moved closer to me and pushed some hair behind my ear while kissing me softly.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" he asked. "Any specific reason?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "My mind keeps racing with everything that happened at Bill and Fleur's wedding."

He nodded slightly, placing his hand in mine. He intertwined our fingers and gave my hand a squeeze. "We're safe. You do know that, right?"

"I know."

"Good." he smiled and kissed me again. "Oh... and happy anniversary."

I chuckled, placing my head on his shoulder. "Happy anniversary."