Chapter 8 - Cutie And The Angel

---I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks! :)---

---------------------

The next couple of days passed. With nothing eventful really happening.

Today is Friday, the day of the party. I wake up early so that i can prepare something to bring to the party. I'm not sure if its something people normally do but i figure it couldn't hurt. I decide on making muffins. It took about an hour to finish them and they turned out very nice. They're fluffy vanilla muffins with blueberries melting into the bright cream colored top creating nice sky blue tint around the berries. I made twenty four and stuffed them into the fridge to cool while I'm away.

I run off to school after packing extra breakfast. This time i packed egg casseroles. I got to the school and found Cortney waiting for me at the entrance, she seemed to be really excited for breakfast.

"I skipped eating breakfast today just to taste yours in all its glory." She says staring at my bag. We both chuckle and continue walking to our lockers. Once i spotted mine i noticed something on it. It had the words "Barf Fag" spray painted on it. When everyone saw me staring at it they all began laughing. If looks could kill i swear Cortney would be a homicidal maniac. She glared them down until they all went silent. I lowered my head in shame. I got my stuff from the locker and walked away now heading to Cortney's.

"Don't pay any mind to them." She said reassuringly. I nod and she gets her stuff from locker. We head over to the cafeteria to eat the breakfast i prepared. I pop the container out of my bag and onto the table. Corney is now hopping up and down in anticipation. I pull off the lid and she makes an excited squeal.

"Don't mind if i do!" She says while quickly grabbing an egg roll. When she put it in her mouth she looked like she was in heaven.

"Marry me!" She says in a light tone. I chuckled.

After the day went by Cortney drove me home like she does everyday.

"I'll pick you up in two hours if you're still going." I nod and head inside my house. I walk up the stairs and go into my room. I have to dress for the party. I enter my bathroom and turn on the water waiting for it to heat up. After undressing i get in and let the water wash over me. I began thinking about my locker, who did it, why they did it. Could it have been Liam and his friends?

After letting the water stream over my body for minutes i head to my closet and began dressing myself. I decided on a black and white button up with the top two button unbuttoned, rolled sleeves, a pair of loose dark purple skinny jeans and some purple sneakers. I told you i could be stylish. With that done i went back downstairs to remove the muffins from the fridge. I place them in two cupcake holders my mom got from work a awhile back,  they fit perfectly. And finally i place the muffins sitting in the cupcake holders into two plastic container. They look very appetizing. 

"I really hope they enjoy them." With that said i pop the lids on and stack them. I wait for Cortney a few minutes while playing my fathers guitar. I hear her pull up and i immediately head out the door bringing the muffins with me. I notice she's eying them.

"I made something for the party... I-I hope that's okay." I say a bit embarrassed.

"I'm sure you're not the only one bringing food over so lighten up." She chuckles. I get in the car and she pulls away.

"If i get into a fight tonight I'm going to need you to hold my earrings for me." She says in a joking manner.

"You're not wearing any." I notice. There was an odd silence before both of us burst out laughing.

After a fifteen minute drive we arrive in front of a home. There are around sixteen cars parked across the curb. Cortney pulls up and shuts off the car. I take a deep breath to prepare myself for whats about to go down. She exits the car and i do the same. I couldn't make out what she was wearing in the car but the street light near the house shined on her, making her look angelic. She caught me staring at her in a daze and just chuckled.

"Y-you... look... amazing." I say trailing my words while snapping out of my daze.

"You should look in the mirror cutie." She continues chuckling making my face go red.

We began head up the stairs to the house. It seems we're the last to arrive. As we enter the door the people went silent, probably cause Cortney gleamed like an angel. We heard some cat calls and she just rolled her eyes. People complimented the life out of her. I took advantage of all the commotion and sat a container of muffins on the coffee table at the center of the room. I didn't want anyone see me placing them otherwise they probably wouldn't eat them. There was hardly any space left on the coffee table so i walked around Liam's house a little searching for the kitchen. I found it soon after. I planned on placing the other container of muffins on the counter put there were people sitting on them making out. I just decide to settle for the fridge. There was a nice bit of space in there. It had all the normal contents a fridge would have, but it also had a couple cases of beer. I didn't know there would be alcohol here but i shouldn't have expected anything else.

I exit the kitchen and continued to the living room looking for Cortney. The music was getting loud and the people getting crazy. On my way back to the l heard shouting and crying. I decided to follow the sound. I spotted one of Liam's friends outside on the backyard deck shouting on the phone pacing back and forth. He was crying and look really upset. He hung up the phone and started shaking. He looked like he was having trouble breathing. He sat on the deck trembling. I'd notice these signs anywhere. He was having a panic attack. 

------------

---What could have caused Liam's friend's panic attack?---