Chapter 10

Please read the author's notes at the bottom

Harry POV

The dining hall went completely silent. Di Angelo looked very unstable and panicky. He leaned against the doorway and almost fell over. Professor Solace immediately got up from the staff table; he quickly made his way over to the entrance. He made it there just in time to catch Di Angelo as he passed out. Professor Mcgonagall got up and followed them as Professor Solace carried him out.

The hall was quiet for a few seconds, then whispers broke out all around the room. I turned to Hermione to see what she thought and she looked very worried.

''Do you know what just happened?'' I asked. Hermione shook her head and looked over at Ron, who had stopped eating for once. We all silently agreed that we would go see what they were doing in the hospital wing. We got up together and walked out of the dining hall.

We got to the hospital wing and stood just outside of the door. After a moment of silence, we heard Professor Mcgonagall talk.

''Are you sure that's what you saw?'' No response. Professor Mcgonagall sighed.''I guess I should get that under control.'' There was shuffling and we heard someone walking toward the door. We turned and made our way down the hall. We were about halfway to the corner when Professor Mcgonagall spoke.

''Ms. Granger, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley; just the people I need to talk to. Please follow me.'' She walked briskly past us and we followed. I thought she knew we were eavesdropping and that's why she wanted to talk to us, but when we got to her office it became increasingly obvious that was not the case.

''You saw what happened at lunch, correct?'' We all nodded,''Well you should know what happened. Apparently,  Professor Di Angelo found and first year seriously injured in the hallway; he brought her to the hospital wing. Dumbledore seems to trust him, but he didn't give us teachers very much information on him and he certainly didn't give us any reason to trust him. Knowing you three, you probably have your own suspicions.'' Hermione's eyes widened slightly.

''I think he's a Death Eater.'' She said quickly. Professor Mcgonagall just nodded.

''That is a possibility,'' she nodded. Then continued.''I need you three to watch him.'' We were shocked; never before had we been told to spy on a teacher.

TIME SKIP

We were still watching Di Angelo a week later. We never really saw anything unusual, but whenever we watched him on the Marauder's Map, he would disappear completely and reappear halfway across the school. Hermione claimed that it was because the map was broken, but she didn't even know if that was true. One night we were following him under the invisibility cloak. He was walking alone in the corridor; suddenly he turned around and spoke.

''You can come out now, I know you're there.'' Hermione inhaled sharply; it was true, he could see through the cloak. I had the suspicion for a little while now, but I was never sure. Hermione seemed to come to this conclusion too.

''How did you know we were there.'' Di Angelo tensed up, it wasn't super noticeable, but I got the feeling he didn't know what to say next. 

"I can't see through it, you were just being really loud. Now, what are you doing out of bed at this time?"

"We...uh...we’re going to talk to Professor McGonagall." Di Angelo raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you better get moving. Get caught by anyone else, and you'll be in a lot more trouble," he said with a hint of amusement in his voice. We quietly made our way back to the Gryffindor common room.

In the morning, we went to breakfast like usual. I watched Di Angelo eat his meal while talking to Professor Solace. After breakfast, Gryffindors had potions with Slytherins. I followed Hermione down to the dungeons, where snape told us to start making the polyjuice potion. (I know that’s fifth year but I couldn’t think of anything else) I thought back to second year, when Hermione, Ron, and I brewed the polyjuice in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. I knew how I was supposed to make it, so I didn’t really pay attention to the directions on the board. I tried to drown out Hermione, who was loudly whispering help to anyone who needed it. When Snape came around and looked at my potion, he snorted in disgust and kept walking. This probably means he could find anything wrong with it at a glance. I looked over at Neville’s potion to see his cauldron overflowing with a dark green bubbling liquid.

“Mr. Longbottom, failed again, have you?” Snape drawled. Neville’s potion was starting to eat away at the stone countertop. “Twenty points from Gryffindor, and clean this up.” Hermione did a quick cleaning charm, which revealed the countertop to be a smoking pile of sludge.

After potions, we went to charms. Then we had lunch. I noticed Di Angelo wasn't at the staff table, but neither was Professor McGonagall. I was walking back to the common room after lunch when Cedric pulled me to the side of the hallway saying he needed to talk to me.

"The egg for the second task, try opening it underwater. You can use the prefect's bathroom. It'll be empty tonight."

''Uh, thanks I guess.''

"I had to repay you somehow for telling me about the dragons.'' he smiled and left. I had completely forgotten about the second task. I had been so focused on Di Angelo that the large golden egg sitting at the end of my bed had totally left my mind. When I got back to the common room, I told Hermione all about my run-in with Cedric and what he had told me about the egg. That night, I decided to go to the prefect's bathroom and see if what Cedric told me was true.

A/N
First off, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for how late this is. I had an English paper due this week and I finished it at 11 o' clock at night so yeah. But it up now so I open you enjoyed it. The reason I wanted you to read this is because I was wondering if y'all would want me to write a little Christmas special. So uh, just comment if you would want that.