Chapter 26

I groaned and tried to sit up. My head was spinning from whatever Savitar injected her with. Savitar. I suddenly recalled what happened and looked around. I was in a small room. A familiar room with blue walls and a glass door. I chuckled. I was back in the pipeline of S.T.A.R Labs.

"Frost." Said a voice that belonged to Savitar.

I stood up. "What is this? Why am I here?" I asked although I already have a suspicion as to why I'm here. And as much as I would love to ice blast him, my powers don't work in here, this pipeline was specifically designed for meta-humans like me.

"Oh goody, the whole team is here," I said, clapping my hands together. "Looks like Christmas came early," I said sarcastically looking around at everyone. "Good to see you guys."

"Will you guys give me a moment to talk to her alone?" Savitar asked.

Barry nodded and ushered everyone out not saying another word.

I raised my eyebrows and feigned surprise. "So you two are buddies now? My my, how things have changed so quickly in just a short amount of time. It just seemed like yesterday how you were so hell-bent on killing Iris and destroying the team."

"I got you a big belly burger." Said Savitar walking towards her, completely ignoring what she just said.

I rolled my eyes. "Cut the crap Savitar."

"Look I'm sorry that I had to go behind your back, but you gave me no choice."

I cackled. "Everyone has a choice, Savitar. You chose wrong."

"You lied to me too." A muscle in his jaw twitched. "You told me Caitlin was gone and I find you at the black market of Amunet's operation?"

"Well, looks like you're smarter than I thought."

"Why didn't you say something?"

My expression hardened and I walked the glass, pressing my hands on it. "Because I don't trust you. I don't trust anyone. Seems like I made the right call not trusting you."

He walked up closer towards the glass. "Are you sure about that? If you had told me the truth, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation and having a conversation with you on the other side of the glass."

I blew him a kiss. "It just seemed like yesterday when I was locked up by Team Flash in the future. This gives me major nostalgia. Only this time, I'm locked up because of you, someone who I thought was a friend."

He pressed his hand against the door. "We're trying to help you, Frost. We're not here to hurt you. I won't let them hurt you."

I turned away from him. "Too late, you did."

"You know," I clicked my tongue and folded my arms, turning back towards him. "I knew you were soft on Caitlin, but I didn't think you had it in you to betray me and stab me in the back with your new friends. I can't believe you would choose her over me."

"I'm not choosing her over—"

I waved my hand and cut him off. "Stop lying to me. I hate it. I had a sneaky suspicion you cared about her, I just didn't realize that you have feelings for her. Gosh." I threw up my hands in the air. "I hate it when I'm right."

His mouth was set in a hard like. His eyes were blazing. "You're hurt, you're angry I get it. But you don't know what you're talking about. And has it ever occur to you I'm just doing what's right.

I bit my lip trying not to laugh. It didn't work. I burst out laughing and clapped my hands. "Man, you're cute, you know that? No wonder I had a soft spot for you. Since when did you care about what's right and what's not? The Savitar I knew killed without mercy and no regret."

"People change, Frost. It's still not too late. You can make the right decision. You're the one who wants to kill Caitlin, not me. Killing her is not right."

I raised my eyebrow. "You're telling me like you haven't killed before. You hypocrite. And you know, you're sounding a lot like Barry Allen. The guy who stole your girl? The lovely Iris who you tried to kill before?" I was trying to make him pissed and it looks like it's working. I could tell by his clenched fists and the way he looked right now, that it was working. He would want to punch me or hurt me in some way, and he couldn't do that with me behind a cell, so he would have to let me out. That's when I make my move.

To my surprise, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, slowly unclenching his fists.
"I've changed and I know now that I've made a lot of mistakes in the past. I promised myself I will do right by you and Caitlin."

"I'm not blind Savitar. I wouldn't even be in here if it weren't for Caitlin. You want to save her. That's why you're doing this. That's why I'm here behind a glass door, locked up. Cut the bullshit about what's right and what's not. People don't change overnight."

"You won't be in there for long, trust me." Cisco's working on a cure and it's almost done."

I paled and my skin felt like ice. No pun intended. For the first time, I was genuinely scared and hurt. Would he do that to me? "So that's your plan, you're going to cure me and make me gone?"

He shook his head. "No, it's a temporary cure. I would never try to kill you, Frost. Caitlin's friends too. They're not killers. They're just trying to help. We all are. I hope you'll understand one day that I'm not the enemy here, Frost. I'm your friend."

I was silent for a while before speaking coldly. "You know if the roles were reversed, if it was Caitlin here and not me, you wouldn't try to cure her."

"Frost—"

I looked away. "I'm done talking to you."

He looked like he was going to say something as he watched her. He finally walked out of the room leaving her alone. I was boiling with rage as I yelled and slammed the door with my palms, even though I knew it would do nothing.