102

Hazel eyes watched from a distance at a certain Slytherin boy who now and unusually sat alone at the Great Hall

A Halloween feast had been shared, but just like any other year. Eleanor was in no mood to celebrate, but it seemed like this year she had been distracted from thinking about her brothers death.

For the past few weeks her attention was focused and observant of Draco Malfoy since the small worrisome interaction she had with him almost more than a month ago.

Even though Severus had mentioned to her that the boy had been fine— Eleanor couldn't help, but worry about the boys mental state.

She couldn't imagine what it was like for him.

His father was on the front page of the Daily Prophet and for the first time it wasn't for news to be proud about.

Severus noticed which direction her gaze had gone almost immediately.

"Hey," Severus poked her shoulder lightly with his fork. Eleanor looked over to the man who gave her a teasing grin. She smiled at him lightly before he leaned down a bit to her ear, "Do you want to go for a stroll? I think some fresh air will do you good." He whispered

Her lips raised a bit and nodded up at him.

She looked back over to the Slytherin table, but found herself frowning a bit once she noticed that Draco was no longer sitting in the Great Hall.

"I've always hated Halloween. I mean you have random kids knock at your door all dressed up and you throw candy at them then tell them to go away." Severus spoke as he walked with Eleanor outside the hogwarts castle nearing black lake.

A laugh had escaped from Eleanor's lips as she listened to him rant about how terrible of a holiday Halloween had been.

"Maybe you just hate kids." Eleanor says with a stiff laugh while she stared up at him.

Severus glanced down at her with a slight grin, "Ah Really? What gave it away?"

She shook her head and smiled.

Deep down Severus didn't actually hate kids. He just thought they were annoying at times when they wouldn't listen.

"I wasn't really the one that was much into the holiday either. I mean, as a kid it's quite fun to be spoiled with treats, but it seems like once you get older everything is more about remembering how fun it was when you were younger." Eleanor had stopped to admire the waters of the lake. It glimmered from the moons reflection and the clear sky of stars and constellations.

Even though the beauty of the lake had been caught by her gaze, she had thought of her brother in that moment.

James would always be celebrating Halloween with pranks and nicking sweets from the kitchen with Sirius. The both of them would have said that Halloween had been one of their most favoured holidays of the year.