CAPITOLO CINQUANTUNO- Miami Vibes

"The option was to stay and ride or just let it die, I picked a side."- Kehlani

Queens, New York📍
8:00 am
April 14th '19

The walls of the hallway suddenly begin to close in on Rheah as the tightening sensation in her chest grows unbearable. Her breathing was missing the mark, becoming more irregular by the second.

'She's not in there.'

'The bitch kept testing my patience so I may have let off a few rounds.'

'She's not in there.'

'The bitch kept testing my patience so I may have let off a few rounds.'

As Chris' words tauntingly circle around in her mind like vultures circling over a corpse, so did the image of the blood trailing out of the door.

'Probably about to be disposed of.'

Rheah was slowly slipping away from her grip on sanity but she knew she had to pull herself together and fast. She had already lost enough in life, losing Cataleya was not an option.

In one swift motion, Rheah skilfully swings the bag over her head, causing it to land around the guard's neck behind her. The weight of the duffel and the force of her pull sends the guard crashing towards her and she elbows him in the gut before taking his gun.

As the other guards let their bullets fly, Rheah drops to the floor and grabs the guard she had injured, using him as a human shield before quickly executing the other three. Rheah pushes the dead body out of her grip and gets up, ready to take off down the hall behind Chris. But before she could turn around, the sound of guns clicking stills her movement.

"Drop the gun and turn around slowly!" The familiar authoritative voice commands.

But Rheah ignores his instructions. Instead, she looks slightly over her shoulder to see Michael with Chris and 4 other guards standing beside him. All ready to shoot.

While the 4 guards were shocked at the sight, Chris' face was filled with amusement and Michael's held a stern expression.

"Well, you really took that seriously..." Chris muses, causing his brother's eyebrows to furrow in confusion beside him. However, Michael's fierce eyes never left Rheah.

Rheah's jaw clenches, "Christopher I'm only going to ask you one more time. Where is my sister?!"

"You saying that like it's supposed to affect me or something." Chris snorts, "You the one that wanna know where she at so not asking me again ain't gon' hurt nobody but yourself, sweetheart." He taunts.

If looks could kill, eveyone was sure that Chris would have been 6ft under by now from the way Rheah was glaring at him. And as the seconds pass, everyone could see that Rheah was going to explode so naturally, the guards, along with Michael, prepare themselves to shoot.

"I promise you Chris, the moment I get my ha–"

Chris' obnoxious laughter cuts her off. "Man save your lil-hero-threat speech, she's downstairs. Shit, y'all both sensitive as hell." He shakes his head as he turns around and heads back downstairs.