◖ 12 ◗

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐌𝐀𝐘 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Toby leaned back on his Silverado as he waited outside the building garbed in a Off-White Pascal Arrow Long Sleeve Tee and Roxic straight tapered fit cargo pants with Off-White Odsy-1000 sneakers. He heard a groan coming from beside him and looked to see the nine year old hanging out the window.

"Quit leanin' out my car like that boy." he told Avant that was with him for the weekend and Avant stopped hanging the window. "Whatchu groanin' fa?"

Avant was impatient. "What's taking so long? He need to come on!"

Toby chuckled shortly. "Why you ride wit me if you gon' be complainin'?"

"Cause, I thought he was gonna come right out." Avant let his head fall forward with his undercut dreads falling in front of his face.

"Be patient." Toby pushed his son's dreads back, "You need to cut these off. Lemme crop 'em."

"No!" Avant reacted quickly, "I like my dreads."

Toby snickered as Avant stared ahead and seen the tall stature swaggering down the brick stairs in a pullover and joggers that he recognized immediately. "Bubba!" he pushed open the backdoor and bolted to his brother.

Troy beamed a smile, raising his nine-year-old brother in his arms as they hugged and he carried his duffle bag in his other hand. "Damn, you gettin' heavy, Moony."

Avant shrugged. "You got muscles, you can hold me."

"Getcha' ass down." Toby said making Troy put down his brother. He hugged his son and patting his back. He reeled back holding his arms. "How you feelin'? You good?"

Troy took a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm ready to be home wit y'all. Kristin referred me to go to these meetings every Friday, starting next weekend. I have Shantey being my sponsor."

"I feel dat." Toby patted his son's shoulder with a smile. "Com' on, let's go. You hungry?"

"I am!" Avant spoke through his grunt from trying to raise Troy's heavy duffle bag. His big brother chuckled, grabbing the bag for him. "Finally. That was heavy. Whew!"

The father and son's settled into the Silverado as Avant said, "Can we eat at the food truck? I want some spicy, honey chicken tenders."