Chapter 14

I've always loved doing groceries.

There's not many things I get excited about, and I hate shopping- but being in a supermarket gets me weirdly... giddy. Maybe not the right word, but it gets my mood up like crazy.

I couldn't tell you why, though. Maybe it's all the food. Maybe it's the way I feel like an adult and a child at the same time in here.

But honestly, you'll feel like an adult and child anywhere with Ivana.

Me being the adult, her being the child.

''Oh. My. God. We have to get this!'' 

You would've thought she discovered life on the moon or something, with the way she wailed. When in reality- she's holding up a pack of limited edition m&m's.

They do look pretty good, I must admit. Some sort of caramel flavor. I wheel my cart closer to her. ''Throw 'em in,''

She grins and bends down to get at least two other strains of them. ''This is exactly why I wanted to do this with you. Soyan would be riding my ass right now, making me roam the whole building to find her disgusting, dried, organic, fruity thingy's. Jenn would've ditched me for a guy by now. Nara would be in the meat or fucking cheese section or something, delving into her fancy chef shi- Oh shit, peanut butter flavored!''

Don't run her over with the cart, don't run her over with the cart.

''You know, we really do need to get some ribs...'' Nara has handed over a whole list of the ones she needs, plus vegetarian options.

Jenn straightens back up to her full height and grumbles under her breath. She throws in what looks like four other packs and starts looking around the aisle, pretending to not have heard me. ''Do you think we should get Takis? I think we should.'' It's like she's talking to herself and I'm not even here. She nods, answering her own question, and remains exploring. I stifle a sigh and follow behind, rolling my cart.

Suddenly, I hear Ivana take a sharp breath. ''Oh my God.'' She halts and I almost do run her over with the cart, it hits her in the ass with vigor. Only now it would be by accident.

''Fucking hell, Van. If you want it that bad, just get it.'' I groan. Patience is a virtue I sadly do not own.

''Give me the green light and I gladly fucking will, trust me.'' she sounds like she's on some type of cloud.

Confused at her hasty conduct, I move to her side and gaze over to her line of sight. Only to start wanting to shrink down to two inches tall, or teleport myself to another store. Or state. Or universe.

Universe. Definitely universe.

A man. A man in gray sweatpants. Tight, white Henley, making his muscles grip onto the material of the shirt and poking through it like it's trying to rip it apart, like second skin, outlining every single one of his tightened, burly armaments with the little hint of dark illustrations peeking through under the part that's so tight, it's nearly see-through over his upper arm. Not to forget the pearly white airforce ones to tie it all together.

If I had any grain of willpower in my system, I would look to my left to see Ivana do the drooling I can practically feel her do right now.

But I can't.

I don't think anyone would be able to look away once Kayden Dominguez catches their eye.

He's just assessing a line of freaking apples, but of course, he manages to do it like it's for a GQ shoot. He pushes his cart a few inches away from him and stretches his miles-long arms to grab a fruit bag to put the apples in. All his muscles flex like he's doing in on purpose. Ass wringing, arms expanding and back physiques constricting, precipitously through the white shirt. I almost think he is doing it on purpose, but the guy is completely oblivious to his surroundings. He's got white wireless earplugs in, just doing his own thing.