Chapter 55

We're back a board the Helios and on our way with the rest of the cruise, but Jahní is in our quarters this time resting. Maybe I should've left her home. It was her choice to come, and if our baby is born among the stars it's not a bad thing really.

"Sir, we're ready to fold." I look at my screen and seen that all systems are green.

"Execute the fold operation." We pop out to another planet that is green and lush, with oceans and a varied landscape. It has a substantial amount of life, all Majah-tu.

All of the bridge crew seem to be awe struck by the beauty of this world. "Sir, we have arrived at Green seven. No issues to report on any deck."

"Helm, assume geo synchronous orbit over the capital city."  What a breath taking world this is; it
is the ancestral home of Jahní's mother. I'll go wake her up, since it's a surprise for her. I hope she likes it.

I pick up the small comm in my pocket hitting the
button. I hope she hears it, so she can join us. My comm chirps. I smile that she heard it, and is probably on her way here. Within a few minutes Jahní enters the bridge walking up to my side. "Ant, you called me up here is something wrong?"

I point to the main view port and she looks staring fixated, at the planet before us. "It's...

"Green seven." She step back a little, but then she gathers herself. "When do we go down?" She is acting calm and collected, but I can see that she is disturbed.

"Mr. Barton." the helmsman turns to me. "You have command."

"Aye aye Sir." I take Jahní's Hand and leave the bridge; we walk back to our quarters silently. It looks like this didn't go over to well.

We step in and she goes the small night stand, and leans on it putting her hand over her heart. "I'm sorry; I know that you meant well, but I don't know... if I'm prepared to see them."

I look down feeling what she does. "I didn't know that this would make you sad. It's not what I desire for you."

Jahní turns and comes to me touching my face smiling that way, as if nothing else exist in the world.
"I thank you for thinking of me enough to bring me to my family. I love you, so don't feel bad."

I her hand into mine. "Ok. Will you come with us to the surface?"

She looks down debating wether she will or not. "I will go." I sigh in relief that she will come down with me to see her family.

"We'll only be a few days then we will leave to another place." We embrace each other holding on tightly. When we pull away and I touch her belly. "I can't wait to meet our child and hold him in my arms."

We touch our foreheads together. "Soon he will be with us."

He? She said he. How can she be sure it's a boy. "You know it's a boy?"

She nods. That is amazing that she know. "Majah-tu women have a sense of this, and I've felt him and he is strong."

That is incredible. Jahní can do that; I'm Having a son; my mother will be ecstatic about having a grandson. The comm on the desk chirps. I pick it up. "Go ahead I read you."

[Sir, the team is ready to go.]

I look at Jahní and she takes a deep breath strengthening her resolve, about going down. "Roger that, we're on our way," I take Jahní's hand and she is shaking a bit. "It'll be fine babe, you'll see."

***********************************

We're touching down on the Capital's landing pad, and as we step out of the shuttle the honor guard stand at attention. Then they bow in sign of respect to Jahní, who is royalty. She inclines her head to them.