Pretend - Daniel Ricciardo

With your friend, you were dancing in a club. You were having so much fun until she was gone. You had no idea where she went, but she was just gone; probably kissing a guy in the bathroom or something. You walked over to the bar and stood there, while you waited for her to text or call you. You took a sip of your drink and watched at all the people that were dancing. A guy was standing in the back with his friends. He was handsome as hell. He probably had the biggest smile you had ever seen, and then those curls... he looked amazing. He also looked at you, and he smiled at you. It made your heart beat faster.

'What is a pretty girl like you doing all by herself in a club?'

You turned your head around. A guy you didn't even know, talked to you. You could smell the alcohol from his breath. You hated guys like this.

'I'm not alone,' you said.

The guy looked around. 'I don't see anyone talking or dancing with you. Why don't we go outside, grab some air,' he said and wiggled his eyebrows.

'No thanks,' you said and turned away from him, but he wasn't planning on leaving you alone yet.

'Come on. It would be fun.' He laid his hand on your arm.

You looked in the direction where the handsome guy just stood, but he was gone. Shit. What were you going to do now?

'There you are! I've been looking all over for you!' Out of nowhere, the handsome guy appeared and walked over to you. He leaned in and pressed his cheek against yours to make it look like he kissed you on the cheek. 'Go with it,' he whispered.

'Yeah, I thought I would wait here for you,' you said.

'You're her boyfriend?' the random guy asked.

'Yes, so if you can leave my girlfriend alone now, I would really appreciate that.'

'Why does this always happen to me?' the guy mumbled and walked away.

You looked at your hero of the night. 'Thank you...'

'Daniel.'

'Y/N, nice to meet you.'

'So, what does a pretty girl like you do all alone here?' Daniel asked.

'Nice, very original,' you complimented him and chuckled.

'I know I'm very original.'

'But to answer your question: I am with a friend, but she left me.'

'I left my friends,' Daniel laughed.

'Do you want to grab some air?' you asked him.

'Yeah, let's go.'

You put your empty glass on the bar, and you walked out of the club. The music died down when you got outside. There was a bench, where you sat down on.

'Do you come here often?' you asked Daniel.

'Not that much. I travel a lot, but this is my favourite club in the neighbourhood.'

'Why do you travel a lot, if you don't mind me asking.' You too had a love for travelling, so whenever someone said they travelled a lot, you got curious.

'I drive cars on tracks around the world,' Daniel told you.

'Like a Formula One car?'

'Exactly like that.'

'That's very cool. How fast do they go? Like 200 kilometres an hour?'

'Make that 300. I think we can go faster, but mostly we're around 300.'

'That's insane.'

Daniel laughed and nodded. 'What about you? What do you do?'

'I'm a blogger, and I do social content for some companies, which makes me free to travel whenever I want,' you told Daniel.

You started to talk about your work, and then back to his and your hobbies. You went on for hours, but it only felt like hours. It wasn't until his friends came out of the club, at the same time your friend did.

'Here you are! I've been looking all over for you,' your best friend said and sat down next to you. She was clearly wasted.

'I probably should get her home,' you said to Daniel.

'Yeah, I think my mates are going home too.'

You felt sad to leave Daniel. You just met him, but you had the feeling that you could talk for hours.

Daniel handed you a note. 'Call me.' With that being said, he walked away.

You looked at the note in your hand. Never had you thought that a guy like Daniel would hand you his number. You quickly put his number in your phone, just in case you lost the note because you were definitely going to call him.