-ˋ 83

CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH QUESTIONS ARE ASKED

. . .

"So what did you think of?" Tiger sidled up to her boyfriend, smiling somewhat innocently up at him, James shaking his head as he looked down at her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and continuing to walk. 

"Come on, tell me. Your patronus is quite literally me, myself and I. I'm Tiger, my animagus form is a tiger and my patronus is a tiger. Dude, I'm your girlfriend, come on." She said, jumping up and down slightly, looking up at him. 

"Well, dude, if you're starting to use the girlfriend excuse then I won't have one for much longer." James said, looking down at her.

"Can I at least choose my way out then? Because you see, I think the Astronomy tower is a tad too cliche for my liking. Think we could have a duel in the hallways? Feed me to the giant squid? They seem more... legendary." Tiger shrugged, and a couple of people they walked past looked horrified at her words.

"No, I'll definitely shoving you off the Astronomy tower. I was considering the squid but then you brought it up so.." James shrugged apologetically, and Tiger giggled.

"Come on James, we were all there thinking it would be a stag - kinda your thing at this point, Prongsie -  but no, out of your wand appears a tiger of all things!" Tiger exclaimed.

Upon seeing the tiger, James's face had burned pink, the blush travelling down his neck and up to his ears. Sirius and Remus had burst out laughing, and Professor Rakepick's attention had been drawn to the group, blinking multiple times before turning away, a small smile on her face.

"You look well pleased" James said, practically ignoring everything that she had. "Chuffed that you're basically my patronus, are we?"

"Anyone would be. Besides, I remember from the first time I learnt about them that they can change for certain reasons - like if you love someone. I'm just glad it was yours changing rather than mine. No offence James, but tigers are so much more badass." She giggled, looking up at him.

"So you think I'm in love with you, huh?" James asked, and Tiger's smile faltered slightly, trying not to look too worried as she glanced over at James, before determinedly staring down at the floor.

"Perhaps, it's likely." She mumbled quickly. "You know, with all the Amortentia stuff." Tiger shuffled along, even though James has hesitated and stopped walking. 

The animagus hurried to catch up with his girlfriend, replacing his arm around her shoulders. "Amortentia.. that was a while ago now." He seemed like he was speaking to himself, and Tiger didn't say anything in reply.

They fell into silence as they walked side by side. Neither really had any destination in mind, just using some time in their free period to stretch their legs. And James hadn't exactly mentioned it just yet, but if they passed what he knew to be a rather empty storage cupboard, then it could become their destination. 

"Do you really want to know?" He said, and Tiger stopped, turning to James with some form of spark in her eye. She was nodding enthusiastically, and James chuckled, before pulling her down onto a nearby windowsill. 

She didn't hesitate to get comfortable, her back leaning against the wall and her legs kicked up onto the seat, curled up underneath her body. 

"Tell me? Pretty please." Tiger said, looking across at her boyfriend. He reached over and pulled her into his lap, the girl slipping into the space between his legs. 

Her head rested on his shoulders, and whilst she fiddled with a hole in her tights, he re-tied her lace for her. Knowing she had a tendency to leave them untied ('If I fall, it is what it is', she would say).

"If you really must know, I thought of Christmas day. When you appeared on our doorstep and mum let you in. I didn't tell you before but I had been thinking about you a lot, hoping that everything went well at home." James began. 

"And when you turned up, I knew that it hadn't. And call me selfish all you want, I pretty much am at this point, but I was glad you were there." He finished. "And I can't tell you why it's that specific one, but it made me happy." 

"You weren't selfish." Tiger said quietly, after a few moments of silence. "I was so glad to be there as well. Thanks for telling me, Prongsie."

"No problem dude." James replied, and Tiger rolled her eyes, flicking his knee before jumping up. 

"Let's go." She said, and James frowned, confused. But all the same, he got up and began to follow her. "Know any empty-ish storage cupboards nearby?"

"They're my speciality." James smirked. "Just follow me."

And she did.