Chapter 2

Roman's pov

I entered the backyard with Lucia in my arms. She was almost four years old and would realize soon what was going on in this household.

Although, Lucia would be hard to train, this girl cried over every shit, even over a tiny scratch that happened if she tripped and fell.

"What happened with your mommy's pussy? What was her name again? Shitball?" I asked as my eyes wandered around the backyard before stopping at Cara and Alanzo. They trained with Valerio, who looked frustrated.

Alanzo aimed perfectly at the dummy, which was attached nearly thirty meters away from them, while Cara shot anything but the dummy, like her mommy back in time.

"No you silly! It's Snowball! Mama gave it to aunty Mia after Cara hurt it, when she played in the garden, like now!" She pointed to Cara, leaning on my shoulder and sucking on her thumb.

Alright, I got it, Cara almost shot the kitty dead. Capo would be probably happy if she'd succeeded as he hated his wife's furball.

"They're not playing, sweetheart," I told her amused, shaking my head. "Then, what are they doing?" she asked with a frown.

"They're learning how to shoot, which is really important because your daddy is a powerful man and has many enemies. Do you know what your daddy's enemies want?" I asked her, and she shook her head, muttering a 'what'.

"They want to take you away from your daddy, which would make him very sad. But if you can shoot, you can defend yourself. Then, your dad's enemies won't be able to get you and your dad won't be sad by losing you," I explained her calmly, brainwashing her.

She frowned before looking at me understandingly. "So, I have to learn to shoot and dad won't get sad, and cry?" she asked me and I nodded my head.

"Exactly, you have to learn to shoot, because shooting is a way of self-defense. If you don't want your parents to feel miserable by losing you, you have to defend yourself against their enemies."

As I said, we had to prepare them young. She was an Alessi and her father was the capo. Being a capo of a huge criminal organization, like his, brought with it many enemies who tried to hurt his family in order to destroy him.

Although, the enemy would only kidnap an Alessi in their wildest dream, they were all watched by assassins. Marco, Valerio and I made sure they were well protected.

"Then, I want to learn to shoot, I don't want dad or mom to be sad," Lucia pouted, thinking about her parents.

"Then, let's teach you how to shoot!" I cheered her up. "I'm sure Uncle Valerio will be happy to teach you too!" She screeched happily, clapping her hands.

Valerio tried to get Cara into the correct position, so that she could shoot properly. I grinned as she changed her posture again after pulling the trigger, causing Valerio to facepalm himself.

"How are my favorite warriors?" I asked as we approached them with Lucia.

"Roman!" Cara smiled excitedly, when she saw me, and ran towards me, while Alanzo pulled the safety on of the gun before he came up to me too.

I crouched down to greet her with a hug before taking the gun from her hands, looking at her sternly.

"Do you remember what I told you in our first training session?" I asked her with a raised brow.

"Pull the safety on of the gun if you're no longer using it," Alanzo replied, before Cara could say anything.

"Right, that's what I was about to say," she mumbled, looking at Alanzo. "You can tell me why it is important to pull the safety on the gun," I said, and she looked at me again.