𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. LOVE OR HOST (PT. 2)

❝ VICES ❞

November 5th, 2020

LOVE OR HOST IS MEANT TO BE A SHOW BASED ON CHAOS. Did that mean that openly inviting TommyInnit on the show was the best idea? Absolutely not. Was it perhaps the best way to get some funny content for the highlight videos? Absolutely. Did Rory regret coming on show? No doubt about it.

He sighed as he saw Tommy enter the call again, then sat up straight when two other icons jumped in — Will, obviously, which would be interesting when he was only a room away, and Tubbo, which was a very pleasant surprise. At the same time, Rory felt apprehensive. While Tubbo was the sweetest of the three, he also jumped in with Tommy's bits easily, and considering how much they poked fun at Shubble and Will during an Among Us game . . . well, Rory had no optimistic ideas that this would be a super chill, nice round where his friends asked him non-embarrassing questions.

He supposed that's why he loved them.

"Alright, let's move on to the next part of the show!" Austin announced. In the Zoom call, it showed Rory, Karl, Quackity, Eret in the first row and Dream, Sapnap, Minx, and Niki in the second. "Ladies and gentlemen, introducing . . . Mr. TommyInnit!"

"'Ello, Rory!" Tommy greeted, as mischievous as ever. Down the hall, Rory could hear Will laughing. "How have you been, Big Man? Finding any love?"

"Tommy," Rory greeted. "This is the worst."

"Wha— I happen to be here to help you." Tommy protested. "Starting now. Get rid of Sapnap and Big Q, they aren't worth it." Rory covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing as Sapnap and Quackity began to protest, calling Tommy every variation of child that they could think of.

"Okay, okay, Tommy," Austin chided. "Now you and the other two — who haven't spoken up, so we'll reveal who they are in a few minutes, but I'd like for all three of you to listen. As friends of Rory, I want you each to think of a question to ask these lovely gentlemen that would maybe help guide Rory in his decision," he explained.

"I have a— I have a question," Tommy cut in. "Gentlemen . . . wait, why are there women here?"

"For advice," Rory said bluntly.

". . . Gentlemen," Tommy continued. "What makes you think you're good enough for Rory?" There was barely a hint of edge in his voice, but Rory could almost imagine that this question wasn't just for the show — after all, Tommy knew about Henry, and somehow he and Tubbo had taken up being Rory's 'bodyguards' when it came to guys, or so Tubbo accidently let slip.

"Interesting and surprisingly not inappropriate. Dream, how about we start with you?"

"Sure," Dream agreed. "So, I think Rory and I have a really good understanding of each other. We've been best friends for years and honestly, sometimes I can just sense that he's had a bad day and I'll give him a call. We both believe in platonic soulmates and I 100% believe that's what we are. We both know what boundaries can't be pushed and how to help the other feel better after a bad day, you know? Maybe I'm not the best choice here, but I'm a safe bet."

". . . Very insightful, Big Man. Sapnap, you go next," Tommy ordered. Sapnap shifted in his seat, looking a little uncomfortable. Rory frowned, wondering if he was okay.