7- First Quidditch Game

You made your way to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. As you were walking towards the trio Snape stopped you. "Miss Potter"

"Yes Professor?"

"Good luck today you've proven to be an amazing chaser. This quidditch game should be easy even if it is against Slytherin" he gave a faint small smile.

"Thank you Professor. I wish the Slytherin team good luck too but it doesn't mean we'll go easy"

"I'd figured Miss Potter"

He left and made your way to the trio. When you sat down you noticed that Harry's plate was full of food but he wasn't eating. "Harry you need to eat something"

"That's what we've been telling him for the last couple of minutes" Hermione and Ron said, concerned .

"Harry I get you are nervous so am I but we need to eat something okay. We will do great"
Harry then started to eat which left Ron and Hermione dumbfounded since they had tried everything to make him eat.

"How did you do that (y/n)" Ron asked

"No idea" you shrugged you shoulders.

"Hey (y/n) isn't that your owl and Harry's owl too?"

You and Harry looked up to see your owls coming with mail. They placed the mail in front of you and left. "But we never get mail" Harry looked you three.

"Well let's open it" you said in excited tone since it was the first time you ever received mail.

"Broomsticks?" Harry looked up at you.

"Harry these aren't just any broomsticks, these are Nimbus 2000s" you were shocked but extremely happy.

"Wait but who would send us these?" Harry asked. You both turned to see your owls being stroked by Professor Mcgonagall who gave you both a smile.

"Harry, (y/n)" Oliver came behind the both of you.

"Yes Ollie?"

"I need you two to come with me. I need to show you how the game starts, well the formation we get into before the game - wait are those Nimbus 2000s?" He has turned his attention to the brooms in front of you.

"Yea they are" you showed Oliver both your brooms.

"Wait who gave them to you" You pointed to Professor Mcgonagall.

"Great! Wow two Nimbus 2000 we are for sure winning this match now. Oh I was saying I have to teach you guys the formation we form before the game started. So let's go"

"Oh okay" you and Harry grabbed some toast and headed to the Quidditch field.

Oliver showed you what you would do before the game and where the two of you would be for the formation.

"You got it ?" He asked after a few runs.

"Yes" you and Harry said in unison, getting down from your brooms.

"Okay now go and change the game is going to start in an hour"

"Brilliant" Harry said, running off the change.

"(y/n) before you go. Can I have a word with you" Oliver made his way towards you. "How are you feeling? George mentioned you were worried and were crying"

"I'm nervous and a bit scared I'm not going to lie"

"But you seemed so confident during practices"

"Well I am pretty good at hiding my true feelings"

"I can tell but (y/n) I know you'll do great just like your father. I see great potential in you. The team believes in you and so do I"

"Thank you Ollie" you smiled but you still weren't fully confident yet.