14. Background

Taehyung was almost out of the door when he remembered the most important point. 

THE NAMES!!!

He ran back inside to ask Jimin about his name. He had already changed his name in his public resume a long time ago. But he didn't remember Jimin changing his name. 

"Yah, midgy!! Did you change your name on your public resume?" he asked, skidding to a stop in front of Jimin's bed. Jimin looked up from his game lazily and stared at Taehyung weirdly before he finally realized why Taehyung sounded frantic. 

"Chill! I did! I changed it to Park Taemin. I just forgot to tell you. Now go! Don't forget to call Harabeoji and let him know that you are going to the hospital" Jimin said, shooting his leg out of the mountain of blankets to kick Taehyung out of the room. 

"Fine, fine. Call that man before we lose the offer!!!" Taehyung shouted from the living room. "JUST GO ALREADY!!" Jimin roared from the bedroom. 

Taehyung huffed and got behind the wheel. He called his grandfather and informed him about visiting the hospital before throwing the phone on the passenger seat and starting the engine. 

He let his thoughts wander as he drove to the hospital. 

He didn't exactly have any expectations when it came to his fiance. As long as he and Jimin got free games, nothing else mattered. But a small part of him hoped he would get a nice man who loved him and adored him the way his father had loved and adored his mother. 

The thoughts of his father loving his mother suddenly made him miss her. It had been years since his mother and Jimin's mother died in a freak Ferris Wheel accident.

Jimin and Taehyung had gone to the same school ever since they were six. Jimin had grown up in Taehyung's house since he was six. The freak Ferris Wheel accident had happened when they were in high school. 

They were devastated, to say the least. 

The two of them had been very attached to their mothers. The sisters had gone on a vacation, promising to get them exciting gifts when they return from the vacation. But only their dead bodies had returned. 

It took a lot of time for them to get back on track after their mothers' death. They had already been inseparable, but their mothers' death had brought them closer, if that was even possible. 

Even though he had lost only two people in his life, it already felt like he had had enough in his life. He just wanted someone who would love him unconditionally, the way he would doubtlessly love his to-be-husband, whoever it was going to be. 

If there was one thing he had learnt from his family, it was that not all arranged marriages failed. Sure, a few failed, but most of them succeeded. Their grandparents and a few other known couples were examples. And he was sure he was going to love his to-be-husband too. 

He just hoped his to-be-husband loved him just the same and didn't turn out to be an asshole. 

He shook his head to get rid of his thoughts as he pulled up at the hospital's parking space. He pocketed his phone and set his hair in the rearview mirror before getting out of the car. 

"Jeon Jungkook?" he asked the receptionist. The receptionist searched up the records and denied access to outsiders immediately. 

"I am his fiance" Taehyung said. "I need proof, sir" the receptionist said. "Can you tell me who is on his visiting list?" Taehyung said. "Mr. Jeon Hyungsik, Mrs. Jeon Bong Soon, Mr. Kim Seokjin and Mr. Jung Hoseok" the receptionist said. 

"You can call Mr. Jeon Hyungsik and verify" Taehyung said, guessing that the two non-Jeons must be his friends. "Please give me a minute, sir" the lady said and dialed up Hyungsik's number. 

"I apologize for keeping you waiting, sir. Your fiance is in room number 208" the receptionist bowed to him after hanging up on Hyungsik. "It's okay. You were just doing your duty. Thank you, mam" Taehyung said and followed the directions on several boards to find room 208.

He waited for a couple of minutes outside the room, not knowing what to do. But the door opened after a while and someone walked out with a huge smile on their face. 

"Hello. I am Jung Hoseok. You are the fiance, right?" he asked. Taehyung blinked twice, just to be sure he didn't get blinded by the smile. "Yeah, I am. I am Kim Taehyung. You have a nice smile" he said, offering his hand with a bright, boxy smile on his face. 

"Why, thank you! You have a nice smile too" Hoseok grinned. "Is Jungkook-ssi inside?" Taehyung asked. "Yeah, go on. Meet your fiance" Hoseok said, laughing lightly at the end. "Thank you, Hoseok-ssi" Taehyung said and stepped forward to open the door. 

"You can call me Hobi or hyung" Hoseok said. Taehyung thought for a few seconds. "Can I call you Hobi hyung?" he asked. Hoseok chuckled. "Of course. Enjoy your time here. You can ring the bell if you need anything" he said. 

"Can't we just exchange numbers?" Taehyung asked. "We love a mingling kid, don't we?" Hoseok said and chuckled as he pulled his phone out to save Taehyung's number. 

"I am giving you a missed call. Save it lat- Nevermind. Enjoy" he said, seeing as Taehyung already saved it the second he gave him a missed call. 

"See you, hyung" Taehyung waved and opened the door with a huge grin on his face. He liked one of his fiance's friends already. Well, one person on the checklist turned out to be interesting. Two more left - Kim Seokjin and JEON JUNGKOOK. 

He opened the door and spotted one of the most handsome men he had ever seen sitting on the bed with his hand in his hair, as if he had been running his hand through his hair to set it. 

"Hello. You must be Jeon Jungkook. I am Kim Taehyung" Taehyung said as he closed the door behind him and walked towards Jungkook's bed. He extended his hand for a handshake with the huge, boxy smile still on his face. 

All it took for Taehyung to realize that he was doomed was for Jungkook take his extended hand and shake it. 

"The fiance" Jungkook smirked. 

"The fiance" Taehyung nodded and smirked back.