Chapter 23: The Fall

Y/N's POV

I sat in the back of the Audi as Clint drove, Natasha in the passenger seat next to him. It wasn't exactly my first in a convertible. I'd been in Tony's Lamborghini before. "So, still thinking about the dining room?" I looked at the back of Clint's head, recalling how he told me something about the dining room in Laura's house earlier.

"Of course. If I knock out that east wall, it'd make a nice workspace for Laura, don't you think?" He kept his eyes forward. It wasn't the worst idea. At least you didn't think it was.

"Not the worst idea, I suppose." I shrugged.

"Could put up some baffling. She can't hear the kids running around." Clint continued as we got closer to the ships.

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway." Natasha said nonchalantly. I was more surprised that they even ate in a kitchen at all, rather than just the living room.

"No one eats in a dining room." Clint pulled up next to the boats, hearing Hulk roaring nearby. He glanced at Nat as I jumped over the car door. "We don't have much time."

"So get your asses on a boat." Natasha opened the door, jogging off towards where I assumed Hulk would be. Clint got out and we began walking onto a boat together.

"You think the girl is doing alright?" I raised an eyebrow, wondering if Wanda was having any trouble back at the core.

"She saved our asses once. I'm sure she can do it again." Clint shrugged, before going quiet as he seemed to focus on something. He glanced out across the damaged area, apparently finding the source of what he had been looking for. "Wait here." He shook his head, beginning to jog off in the direction he was looking.

"Hey, wait! Where do you think you're going?" I shouted, getting no response.

Clint's POV

I ran over towards the kid, he seemed to be stuck in a small ditch in the stone, a bit of blood on the side of his face. "Come on. Time to go." I picked him up by his arms. But as I turned around, the first thing I saw was bullet rain coming towards me, the quinjet firing down. 'Guess this is it.' I turned, putting my body in front of the kid. I expected shots to hit me, but nothing came except the sound of metal being cut. Slowly looking over my shoulder, I saw a car that was now in the way, blocking the bullets from hitting me. Then to the left of that, I saw the Pietro kid, stood as if he had moved the car in front of me. At first I thought he had been shot, but when I looked behind him I could see Y/N stood there, sword in hand and sliced bullets at his feet. He turned his head to look at me, a cut along his cheek which must've been from a stray bullet. Pietro turned around to look at him too, a small look of surprise on his face.

"You didn't see that coming." Y/N smirked, shrugging slightly before turning and patting Pietro on the back. "I like you." He began walking away towards the boat again, sheathing his blade as he went. I looked from him back to Pietro.

"I didn't see that coming." Pietro admitted before looking over me to see if the boy was alright.

"Thank you." I nodded to him, eliciting a nod from him too. I slowly stood up, beginning to walk back to the boats with Pietro following behind me. When I arrived, I gave the kid back to his mother, falling down onto the seats and laying back. I could see Pietro sit down across from me, but I couldn't see Y/N. "Where's Y/N?" I questioned, catching the Maximoff's attention. Pietro glanced around the ship before shaking his head, indicating he didn't know.

3rd Person POV

"Wanda." Ultron layed, damaged and immobile inside the tram. Wanda slowly approaching. "If you stay here, you'll die." She knelt down next to him.