~23~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"I am Groot."

"You can tinkle in the cup, Groot." I said, motioning to the cup by his chair, and my brother nodded in agreement.

"We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig." Thor said, and Groot seemed irritated.

"I am Groot."

"Tree, pour what's in the cup out in space, and go in the cup again." Thor sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You speak Groot too?" Rocket asked my brother, who nodded.

"Yes, they taught it on Asgard." He responded, and I giggled.

"It was an elective."

"I am Groot."

"You'll know when we're there. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star." I said to Groot, leaning back in my chair.

"It's the birth place of my hammer. It's truly awesome." Thor said, smiling sadly at the thought of Mjolnir.

"So, dead brother, huh? Yeah, that can be annoying." Rocket said, and I shrugged.

"Well, he's been dead before."

"But this time I think it really might be true." Thor sighed, and I placed my hand on his knee reassuringly.

"And you said your other sister and your dad?"

"Both dead." I said, and Rocket looked at us.

"Still got a mum, though?"

"Killed by a dark elf." Thor responded, and my heart stung at the memory.

"A best friend?"

"Stabbed through the heart." I rested my head on Thor's shoulder, and Rocket looked speechless.

"At least you have eachother, right?"

"Yeah." I smiled softly, and he nodded.

"Are you sure you're up to this particular murder mission?"

"Absolutely. Rage, vengeance, anger, loss, regret. They're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind, so I'm good to go." Thor said, and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but this Thanos we're talking about, he's the toughest there is." Rocket pointed out, making me shrug.

"Well, he's never fought me."

"Yeah, he has!" Rocket exclaimed, and I shook my head.

"He's never fought me twice."

"And I'm getting a new hammer, don't forget." Thor said, and Rocket looked unconvinced.

"Well, that better be some hammer."

"It will be." I confirmed, making Thor smile softly.

"You know, I'm one thousand and five hundred years old." He said, making me giggle.

"And Aurora is two hundred years older than that." Thor said, and I smiled, knowing I will always hold the fact that I'm older over his head.

"I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive." My brother continued, and I moved my head off his shoulder.

"Thanos is the latest in a long line of bastards and he will be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so."

"And what if you're wrong?" Rocket asked, making me frown.