Chapter fourteen

POV Dream

George walked out of the room, finally, after about an hour had pasted. Dream stood up instantly, ready to face the news head on with George, but he walked past both Sapnap and himself.

He parted his lips to say something, anything, but the words didn't come. George opened the flora shop's doors and stepped out into the afternoon weather. It was still cold, but made so more now by the light rain that began to fall around the city.

George kept walking.

Silently, Sapnap and Dream followed after him. They glanced back once to see the owner of the shop watching them leave, his face stern and curiosity filled Dream. He wished so badly to know what they talked about in that back room.

They walked for ten or so minutes before George slowed, coming to a halt in front of an arch. It took Dream a matter of seconds to register most of the story. That man in the shop knew George's mother, the details Dream wouldn't be able to put together himself, and told George she was here...in the cemetery.

"George-" He started but George cut him off, holding up a hand but not turning to face him. His stance was a brave one, like a solider about to run right into the belly of the beast, but Dream knew best what it was like to hold a fierce stance and still be terrified.

George's hand was shaking.

He turned to meet Sapnaps eyes, there was a storm behind them. He looked back at George, what the hell do I do? He thought repetitively.

"I have to do this." His voice shaking, the tone didn't match his stance. Instinctively, Dream took a step forward wanting to comfort the man before him, but Georges hand clenched into a fist and he slowly turned his face toward Dreams. Their eyes met and the hint of new tears forming swelled in his already red and puffy eyes. He looked on the edge of a break down, like too much water in a glass about to spill over the edge. "Alone." He added.

"No you'd don't Geor-"

"Dream," Sapnap cut him off, face like stone, "Don't."

George lowered the fist held out in Dream's direction and turned his body toward Sapnap, holding himself up as if one strong blow of wind would be enough to make him fall. Meeting Sapnaps gaze, they stared at each other seeming to exchange silent words. 

Dream wondered if Sapnap had been through a similar situation and if he was more capable of handling George like this, but then he thought of the time George was having the breakdown in the back room...and how Sapnap started screaming at George...

He took another step toward George, Sapnap shot him an angry look. Dream knew he was pushing it this time, but every fiber in his body was telling him not to let George go alone.

George turned back toward the entrance, soaked at this point from the rain, and began walking. After a few minutes, the rain started picking up into what seemed like a step away from a downpour. Dream looked at Sapnap, who's eyes were fixed on where George had started.

"Sapnap!" Dream had to simi-shout, "I'm going in after him!"

"Yeah, I̴̡̗͆̃̒̃̃̐͂'̸̥͇̫̯̲̮̄̍̈̀́̂͋̇̀̐̀̒͠͝l̴̛͖͙̯̈́̌̅͗̎̓l̷̢̮͎͍͔͚̖͍̻͐̓͊̀͂͠ ̵̩̣͔̫͋̆̇͋̈́͂̏͂̚͠f̷̨̻̬̝̺̗͍̟̗̫̉̈́̀̑ǫ̵̡̝̬̣̲̫͍̯̰̦̟͈͚̱̈́͑͌̽͋̑ļ̴̦̦͎͋̉̎̀́̚ļ̶̥͉͙͓͔̯̮͙͓͕̳̆͂o̷̼̲͐̃̀̎̈͂͐̽͑̓͊̿͘͘͝w̸̧͖̗̤̰̙͔͆ ̶̛̗͉͂̌̏̈́͆́a̶̛͇̫̼͇̙̞̰̺͚̤̼͓̫̒͗͑̃̅͊̀͊͜͝͝f̷̧̨̢̡͚̥̬̝̙̰͙̲͗̓ͅt̵̨̧͇̮͍̖̟̥͖̺̀ͅe̶̡̛͍̩̝̲̥̓̍͛̈̃͒̀͛̕̕r̴̢̪̥̪̖̝͎͇͉͈͈̙̳͂̿͂̈́͜ ̷̢̡̳̞͈̼̺̱̩̂̐y̶̥̞̜̭͉̰̻͚̝̘̺̺̘͔͆̎͆͜ŏ̶̥̘̗͔̠̲̬͕̙̂̽͐̿̀̂͑͂͘ṵ̵̹̠͈͙̮̜̫̉̔̈̊,̸̧͈̪͓͈̹̳̳̩̮̭̰͎̋̑̕͜" Sapnap replied, but the rain had been too loud for him to hear.