Chapter 8- Meeting The Parents [E]

Evening time close to 7:00pm, on the sidewalk in front of both the St. James' and Taverrons' mansions...continued.

Thankfully, Patrick was occupied pulling out his cellular phone which was vibrating in his pocket.

He took it out, the caller ID showing: Charlotte.

"Excuse me a moment." Looking at Annie and Julien, both nodding their heads.

Patrick took a few steps away from them talking privately to his wife, his back to them. Annie looked at Raja, he was still watching her with hooded eyes. Julien stepped closer to her. She could feel the heat radiating off of him in waves.

He broke the silence, "It's a beautiful evening..."

Annie agreed with a simple "It is." Still not looking at him. She glanced up finally through her lashes.

He was watching her intently.

He wished he could whisk her away somewhere nobody would know about, all to himself. Julien wanted to say and do so much, but knew this was not the time nor the place. He wanted to talk to her privately, needing to know her interests, likes, dislikes, hopes, dreams, secrets...

The silence continued to stretch between them. He's never felt this connection before with anyone. They barely just met but the pull was evident and strong, it can't be denied for long, that much he knew. His control was not limitless and disliked waiting, and if he wanted something, he got it one way or another. His impatience was bound to erupt.

Disrupting his thoughts, "How do you like living in Californian so far?" She asked.

"I've lived in California before, I was younger, it was about 10 years ago. I have several businesses here that I'd check up on often when I went back to England, so I'm quite familiar with the area." Smirking at her. "We are here to stay since we're planning to open corporate offices, expanding the business. Our headquarters will officially be here in the city now."

"What kind of businesses do you have?" Asking him, her interest piqued by what he revealed while wondering why she'd never heard of the St. James' before.

"We build and own a Hotel empire around the world. My father opened his first hotel in England and now it's spread throughout Europe. We've expanded into the east side of the U.S., in several states such as New York, Florida, Chicago." He paused as if reluctant to continue, "I also personally own a night club."

Annie's eyebrows both rose at the news of the night club.

Julien chuckled at her reaction explaining, "I opened it a long time ago, it's not your typical club with loud music and booze. It has a calm and relaxing atmosphere. I also own a local newspaper." He finished.

Annie was surprised to hear everything he had told her. This was better then anything she would have found from the internet.

"Where is the official headquarters located?"

"Duncan, my father and I have been scouting for the past week for a suitable location, but nothing has stood out yet. They have been either too small, too big or the location was not right."

She glanced towards her father as he was talking to her mother. As if sensing her stare, he looked over his shoulder and smiled and gave her a quick wink. She smiled in response. He then quickly glanced toward Julien then continued talking. She shivered from the growing chill in the air.

Julien noticed the goosebumps on her arms. "Would you and your father care to come in?" Gesturing toward his house. "I would love to introduce you both to my family..."