18

The only noise in the classroom is the pants of the teenagers as adrenaline courses through their systems. Faline and Lydia clutch onto each other as a dark figure crosses the window.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asks.

"Five if somebody squeezes on someone's lap," The boy says, looking around.

"There's barely enough room for me alone when I sit in the back," Faline says.

"It doesn't matter," Stiles says. "There's no getting out without drawing attention"

"What about this?" Scott asks, pointing to the door that says rooftop access.

"What if we get cornered on the roof?" Faline asks.

"We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds," Scott says.

"That's a deadbolt," Stiles says.

"The janitor has a key," Scott says.

"You mean his body has it," Stiles says.

"I can open it," Faline says, reaching for the doorknob.

"Then we have to explain how we got out without a key and no sign of breaking down the door," Stiles says, gently moving Faline's hand down from the lock. "It's also something we'd have to explain to the police"

"I can get it," Scott says. "I can find him by scent, by blood"

"Well, gee," Stiles says. "That sounds like an incredibly terrible idea"

"I'll go with him," Faline says.

"What else you got?" Stiles asks.

"I'm getting the key," Scott says.

"Are you serious?" Allison asks.

"Well it's the best plan," Scott says. "Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here Besides I'm not going alone"

"You can't go out there unarmed," Allison says and Faline grabs a pair of scissors whereas Scott grabs the teacher's pointer.

"My hero," Faline says sarcastically.

"It's better than nothing," Scott says.

"There's gotta be something else"

"There is," Lydia says.

"What are we gonna do?" Stiles asks. "Throw acid on him"

"No, you pleb," Faline says. "You have everything you need to make a-"

"Self-igniting molotov cocktail," The two best friends say at the same time.

"Self-igniting-" Stiles says.

"Molotov cocktail," Lydia says. "What? I read it somewhere"

"We don't have a key for that either," Stiles says.

Faline grabs bunsen burners and turns her head away before smashing the glass, taking a step back as the shards fall to the floor.

"Ready?" Lydia asks.

The other teenagers watch as the strawberry blonde and the brunette girl begin to work.

"Jackson hand me the sulphuric acid," Faline says and Jackson hands her bottle.

Lydia holds the flask still as Faline slowly pours the liquid into the flask. Faline quickly puts a stopper in before swirling it around.

"No, this is insane," Allison says. "You can't do this. Either of you. You cannot go out there"

"I can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages," Scott says.

"You could both die," Allison says. "Don't you get that? He's killed three people"

"And we're next," Scott says. "Somebody has to do something"

"Scott just stop," Allison says. "Do you remember when you told me you knew whether or not I was lying? That I had a tell. So do you. You're a horrible liar and you've been lying all night. Just please don't go. Please don't leave us. Please"

"Scott," Faline says. "I'll go okay? Derek knows me, he trusts me. I'm the one who'll most likely make it out alive"

"No," Scott says before turning to Allison. "Lock it behind me"

Allison pulls Scott in for a kiss as Faline opens the door.

"Faline," Stiles says. "I- Just be careful"

Faline nods, shutting the door behind herself and Scott.

"You go that way, I go the other?" Faline asks and Scott nods. "That way one of us is a distraction"

Faline and Scott split up. Faline runs through the hallway making as much noise as she can.

"I'M DOWN HERE!" Faline calls banging her hand on the locker. "HEY!"

A loud snarl alerts Faline of the Alpha's presence before it comes rushing down the corridor.

Faline raises her hands as they begin to glow.

Jackson, Allison, Lydia, and Stiles freeze as a blood-curdling scream rings through the school. A bloody hand slams against the door.

"That's Faline's ring!" Stiles shouts as the hand smears down the door.

A body thuds to the floor and Jackson runs over to the door and throws it open before Faline slumps into the room. Jackson helps her in and Faline pants heavily, pressing her hand to her shoulder.

"Oh my god!" Lydia exclaims as they all rush to her side. "What happened?"

Allison pull's down Faline's jumper shoulder and they all wince. Stiles rubs a hand on his face to stop himself from passing out. A deep wound is sliced in the flesh of Faline's shoulder.

It's heavily oozing out blood with a bluish-purple bruise forming around it. Lydia lightly presses her index finger against the center of the cut and Faline sucks in a sharp breath as the pain spirals all across her body. Colorful spots contour the sides of her eyes and she has to bite her lip from the pain of it all. Faline groans.

"Can my luck get any worse?" Faline asks before she shrieks when Lydia pushes on the wound. "Shit Lyds!"

"Sorry," Lydia says.

"POLICE!" The familiar voice of Sheriff Stilinski shouts.

"Perfect timing," Faline says as her eyes flutter close and she falls back into Jackson.