Chapter 31 [ A fairy tale princess ]

It was on a gloomy rainy day when my parents drove me to a small town that doesn't have much population. I was a regular dumb naive 8 years old that time. On the way, my parents played my favourite's song which was "Stereo hearts" by Adam Levine.

I still remember how I was dressed and how I felt that day. Mother said I need to pack many of my clothes and brought whatever I loved. I did as she say and brought my favourite pyjamas and clothes.

I even brought my princess dresses and my most favourite doll, I named her Delphinium, after a wild flower I loved. I also had a younger sister, she had many more dresses and toys than I had but my parents still showed us eqaul attention until that day when they brought me back to where I actually belonged.

My younger sister gave me a victory smirk from behind when they dropped me off. My parents didn't spare me a single glance. They treated me as if I was an invisible person.

I had high hope that they will returned and the smile that my sister gave me was a smile of sadness. But I was wrong, they didn't come back, they didn't contact me.

I had waited for them over 4 years, but they didn't come back. I started to resent them, including my younger sister. I stopped bothering the caretakers there, until they began to bothering me back.

One day, a worker there called my parents for me. My mother picked up. But I didn't have any emotions, I was angry with the worker.

She asked the worker if she has any business with her. The worker said I wanted to meet her when I actually did not want to.

She gave me the phone and there was a moment of silence between us.

"Do you need me for something?" My mother asked me in a cold tone.

"Nothing, just wanna know if your family die yet."

The worker was very shocked but I ignored her.

"You!"

"Haha, how is your husband? Is he doing well? Did he finally get promoted by harassing people? How about your daughter? Is she doing well with her studies? Did she go around the neighbourhood and bully kids again? How are you? Did you ever have a near dead experience?"

"How dare you speak to me like this? I raised you!!"

"And you abandoned me."

"..."

"The worker must have dialed this number by accident. I need to go now."

"Do you hate us?"

"No."

"Then why did you curse us to death?"

"Oh my, since when did I?! I was just asking if you guys were alive since I have never seen your faces for 4 year now. I love you to death! To the point of hoping you would die."

After that, I threw the phone to the floor, not caring about the panicked worker. All of my life, everything was fake. It was no real affection, there was no real love given to me.

That family tried to contact to me but I didn't care. They sent me money, out of guilt of course. I did spend the money because why should I burn those money?

Haha, why were my pride that time?

When I studied in 7th grade, there were many rumours about me. There were many people who liked me, envied me, love, hate me.

Because I had a face of a beauty and a brain of a genius. When they said I was a beautiful person, I denied it with a silly smile but in reality, I knew it and was happy about it.