Republicans

I want to make it clear that as opinionated as I am, I will not sit here and criticize the Republican Party. I will not sit here and judge the opinions of people the same way that people will criticize me. I will not go down to that level. As Michelle Obama said, "when they go low, we go high". I'd like to think that I wasn't very kind to the Democrats listed before, and I don't intend to be any nicer to the Republicans. The purpose of this book is not to rant about who's better, it's to analyze the situation, analyze the government, the politicians, and show their flaws and their strengths. That said, let's begin.
The Republican Party, otherwise known as the Grand Old Party (GOP), was liberal men and women are fighting in the 1800s and stood against slavery, amongst other things. During the 20th and 21st centuries, the Republican Party became a conservative party. The term ​republican was adopted by Thomas Jefferson in 1792. Back then the party was called the Democratic-Republican Party. In the 1830s, it evolved into what now is the modern-day

Democratic Party, and here we are now, in 2020, with Donald Trump's first term coming to an end. I've realized that Republicans face a certain unfairness because as soon as you hear the word ​republican, you immediately think,
Racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, homophobic, transphobic, white nationalist.
This is not true. While I do not agree with the Republicans one bit, I do know that a lot of people who support the Republican Party are not bad people. They simply identify with the ideals of the Republican Party. Not all of them are waving the confederate flag, yelling "Jews will not replace us", and covered in swastika tattoos. They just identify as Republicans.
Republicans support things like:
Reducing taxes.
Restricting government regulation of the economy.

Restricting government-funded social programs. Ending affirmative action.
Restricting or even ending abortion rights for women. They oppose cutting funding for military families.
Republicans are more likely to support organized prayer in public schools and oppose the legal recognition of gay and transgender rights.
I believe that we should reduce taxes for the right people. Middle-class workers should not be paying more than a billionaire.
Restricting government regulation of the economy. Yes, but to a certain point. The government should regulate our economy, but not in an extreme manner. I don't agree with the government in charge of all our

finances, but I don't believe that this matter should be privatized.
I don't think government-funded social programs should be restricted, because a large portion of Americans have low income and depend on certain government-funded programs, so it makes no sense, to privatize those programs, and have them made only for people with a larger income source.
I believe that affirmative action was made to help communities of color, and not exclude caucasian people, and the fact that some people don't understand the true purpose and meaning of affirmative action is appalling.
I know that abortion is a sensitive topic, and you shouldn't discuss it. So I will be open, but I will not be offensive. I am pro-choice. I believe that the government has no right to tell me or any woman what to do with their body, and justifying your claims using ancient biblical text in a country where religion is separated from the state is plainly and simply wrong. But whatever you think about it, you have your

reasons. I recently watched a video of a priest explaining that pro-life meant loving all lives and wanting to preserve all of humanity with love, and while I might not have agreed with him on abortion, I found that to be a kind, heartfelt message.
The last one I do agree with. I do not think that all of a country's budget should be spent on the military. But I do believe that it is disgraceful to cut spending in the military when men and women are fighting for their country, and leaving their families to worry about them, to help their country. Whoever has the guts to do that has my full support and respect, especially the ones who don't make it back, but sadly, if you don't make it back, you don't even have the respect of your president. As he so eloquently called fallen soldiers, 'suckers and losers'.
Just like the Democratic Party, the Republican Party also has a set of wings, that makes each Republican different.
These include:

The Conservative Wing.
The Moderate and Liberal Wings.
The Libertarian Wing.
And a few others.
Each wing is made up of several factions. The Conservative Wing includes:
The Christian Right. The people from the Christian Right's main goal is to apply the teachings of Christianity into the local and nationwide government, depending on their position of power. They regularly support the more socially conservative policies and are mainly made up of Evangelical Protestants, Roman Catholics, and Mormons. The Christian Right has a lot of power in the Republican Party. I disagree with this. I do not think that the government should be made up of religious teachings,

it should be based on justice, and it is insulting that in this day and age, we are still using religion to excuse our actions in a government where state and religion are supposed to be separate. It doesn't matter who you are. You can be Catholic, Muslim, Mormon, I don't care. As long as you make political decisions based on the constitution and not the Bible.
Neoconservatives, such as George W. Bush, promote an interventionist foreign policy to promote democracy. At one point, Neoconservatives were viewed as Democrats, but their popularity started growing farther right. The Neoconservatives are also very powerful. Not a lot of politicians identify as Neoconservatives, but a lot of politicians do listen to Neoconservative advisors. I think interventionism in foreign policy is useful when a foreign country imposes a threat to the nation, like the killing of Osama Bin Laden. 9/11 was a date where people died, and lives were lost, so if Al Qaeda posed a threat to the security of Americans, the actions taken were correct.
Paleoconservatives are Republicans that lean towards policies that are both socially and culturally

conservative. They support mainstream Republican ideals, anti-abortion, ending affirmative action, and same-sex marriage, but the thing that sticks them out is that they are very vocal about their criticism of the new wave of multiculturalism in the United States, especially in government.
The Tea Party movement is a movement that started around 2009, following President Barack Obama's election in 2008. They support small government principals and oppose government-funded health care for all. The politicians in this movement are popular, well-known politicians, including Nikki Haley, Sarah Palin, and Ted Cruz.
Traditionalists base their beliefs upon political philosophies and maintaining social orders, which is visible through the laws they try to pass.
QAnon adherents, to me, shouldn't be a branch of Republican. Not because of their ideals, but because other factions of the Republican Party, like the Tea Party movement, the Christian conservatives, and the neoconservatives are made up of actual politicians

who work in the state, with actual goals and ideas on how to improve their country in the direction they consider ideal. The QAnon adherents are Twitter trolls not related to the government, who invent conspiracy theories and glorify Donald Trump. They believe in a deep state being in control of the country, and that Trump was elected to end that. All these other factions, while I do not agree with them, I at least view them as respectable movements within the Republican Party, unlike the QAnon conspiracy theories.
Now, Moderate and Liberal Republicans include,
Moderate Republicans are less extreme on policies. They are more conservative on fiscal issues, but more liberal on social issues.
Log Cabin Republicans are a group of Republicans built in the 1970s to advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. I think that this an important faction for the LBGTQ+ communities in this because not all the people of that

community have the same ideas, so I feel it important that they are represented in both parties.
Historical Factions include:
Half Breeds as their name indicates were only half Republicans, which I think later evolved into moderates.
Progressive Republicans were liberal on more social issues and supported controlling corporations and putting an end to corporate greed.
Radical Republicans are not what their name suggests. They strongly opposed slavery and were prominent abolitionists.
The Reagan coalition was made out of the libertarians, the traditionalists, the anti-communists, neoconservatives, and the religious right.

The Stalwarts were the more conservative republicans.
Republicans are so diverse, and I can't say that I disagree with them, but as we know, the Republican nominee is Donald J. Trump, and I despise him.
Before 2020, I assumed Donald Trump would win, because let does not kid ourselves, people love him unconditionally, no matter how many women he gropes, or how many children he imprisons, but because of COVID-19 and the George Floyd protests, Trump's popularity has dropped with every stupid thing he does.
On October 3rd, the Democrats were leading by 48.9%, and the Republicans were at 42.9%. Of course, Hillary was leading in the polls in 2016, and we all know how that turned out, but I feel positive that something will change. I know that people need to stand up and realize that he is incapable of being the president, and I know what I say doesn't matter, but I'll still say BidenHarris2020!