Walls

The exhaustion weighs heavily , sadness creeping in steadily. Brick by brick I have built my castle , stone by stone I have built a palace worthy enough to withhold a heart of glass. And here you come with a pretty face , a debt no doubt owed to your mother. Oh lord these women , oh lord these men , they come to break and dissemble the army ready to protect the fragile package that is her heart. So many swords unleashed , armour ready to destroy. Why do they seek destruction in places that were born with an aura of natural gentleness? Why do they seek revenge , why do they seek bandaids ,why do they want us to repair their hearts? Those hearts that we did not even break. Now the dark creeps in , invading every ray of light until everything good inside of her had too turned into a pit of nothing but darkness. Beauty's been shattered ,a masterpiece broken by another artist's unworthy paintbrush. And here you come , fairest of skin ,eyes as light as that which used to burst and bloom inside of her. Oh so beautiful , there was a time when I would have lost my heart to a face like yours and you no doubt would have broken it. Are you happy now? Within these walls lives a Queen this ratchet world deserves. 

                               -Liyah Smith