The Trump Administration

The chapter you have all been waiting for. I made a promise to myself when I began to write this book that I would not spend all the pages obsessing over Donald

Trump. No matter how much he infuriates me, I wanted to get information about as many aspects of American politics as possible. I have talked about him and made it clear that I do not like Donald Trump. With all, that's happened in 2020, and the levels of incompetence going through the roof, I felt compelled to speak of him. I want to say that after reading the first few chapters of Mary Trump's book, I got a new perspective. It didn't make me like him or agree with him, I just understood why he acts the way he does on a psychological level. I know that I could spend this chapter talking about the Wall, and how dividing it is. I could talk about the Muslim ban, and how this administration is teaching you to fear. I could talk about the Access Hollywood Tape, and how degrading it is to all women. I could talk about the Paris accord, and how he refuses to look at the science and admit our planet is dying. I could talk about the mishandling of COVID-19, and how even he got it. But all this anger and division and bad decisions can be summed up in one sentence: Donald Trump is incompetent. So I will dedicate this chapter to his incompetence.
Donald Trump, along with Mike Pence as his running mate, won the 2016 presidential election, and I

remember the look of disappointment on my face when this occurred. I was stunned at how this man could win over Hillary. Hillary Clinton won the plurality, but Donald Trump won the Electoral College. In my opinion, the Electoral College is one of the most flawed systems in America. People vote, not states. That's the way it should be. That's the way Democracy works. It also contributes to polarization. I don't understand how anyone could simply name a state blue or red. How can it be one or the other? Is every single person in that state blue or red? I think all states are split between both, so you shouldn't label a state as blue or red. Even after winning, Trump made remarks about the popular vote being fraudulent simply because he didn't win.
By the end of the first year in office, 34% of Trump's personnel staff had been fired or resigned, which leads us to two conclusions. A, that he's not good at working with people and can fire them whenever he pleases, and B, he runs America like a business. He fires and hires people, depending on how much they benefit him and his vision of America, like a business and not a government. He's fired important people too, like James Comey and Michael Flynn.

Trump's judicial appointments are normally younger people who are favored by the Federalist Society and are not likely to be part of any minority group or ethnic group. Trump has appointed three people to be Supreme Court Justices. Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and now in 2020, Amy Coney Barret. He as president has the right to do this, but I believe that it is not morally right to make the majority of the Supreme Court conservative in a time where social change is a priority. I believe that Amy Coney Barret will do things that benefit Trump, I believe that there is interest.
I also believe that Trump contributes to polarization by solely watching Fox News and never broadening his horizons to watch other news networks. It doesn't help when he disparages the media. I don't think anyone in political power should attack the press, because the media is defended by the First Amendment. When he calls the media 'fake news', because they say something that hurts his feelings, he is taking credibility away from the media. That way when they say something factually correct, people won't believe it. Especially when he, the president,

spreads so much lies and misinformation. He treats reporters horribly. He treats everyone horribly. In the debate with Joe Biden, he behaved like a bully in the 1st grade. A person who bullies people, spreads lies and misinformation, and acts like everyone else is beneath him is not fit to be president.
Trump's favorite social media platform is Twitter because he is the president and there a few restrictions on what he can say and do. He retweets racist, xenophobic things. He retweets conspiracies, and in the town hall debate when Savannah Guthrie asked him why he retweeted a conspiracy about the Bin Laden raid, he responded with,
"It was a retweet. That's someone else's opinion".
Exactly, but if you retweet it, it means you agree with the person and want your followers to hear this person's opinion. Twitter is where the president bullies people the most. Where he makes fun of people and spreads lies. Presidents have more important things to do than tell 4 American congresswomen to leave America. Presidents have more important things to do than to glorify Fox News all day. Presidents have

more important things to do than holding and planning rallies amid a pandemic.
His economy is disastrous, no matter how many times he says that it is the best economy in the world.
He turned his back to Puerto Rico in the wake of a natural disaster.
He doesn't care about the environment and picks a fight with a 16-year-old girl peacefully protesting.
He believes women should be punished for aborting. He has nothing to say about mass shootings.
He keeps telling people he has a plan for health care but has never revealed the contents of his plan.
His immigration policies are inhumane and appalling.

His vice president is a homophobic man who believes in conversion camps.
When George Floyd was killed at the hands of a policeman, instead of mourning with the nation, he decided to get law enforcement involved and attack peaceful protesters.
He has no belief in science, once again assuming he knows more than actual scientists.
He called Nazis fine people.
Do I need to go on? I don't hate Trump for being Republican, I hate Trump for being Trump, and if this book helps one person vote for change, then it'll have been worth it.
The LA Times said that 'we don't need presidential perfection, we just need someone who isn't Trump'.

Which is true. Biden is not perfect, he is far from it, but I'd rather have a guy with flaws and the intention to help the country, than a guy with many flaws and the intention to help himself.
The following quote is a letter from a reader to the editor of the LA Times:
"Trump has the power to mobilize forces to fight COVID-19. Of course, he could take personal credit for all of it. He could be the hero of a generation for avoiding a pandemic. It would guarantee his reelection.
Instead, he has promoted false cures, tacitly encouraged citizens to act unsafely, denied responsibility, and lied. Sadly, as this failed president commits political suicide, Americans are dying."
Michael Gross, Woodland Hills

This quote expresses a lot of different, important points. First of all, it talks about Donald Trump's power, and I couldn't agree more. Donald Trump is in a position of great power, yet when he finally has the chance to use it for good, he decides to do nothing. It also points out that if Donald Trump did fight the virus, he'd probably be named a hero, so why isn't he stopping the virus if it would secure him an election? Is his need to make everything seem fine and make him look like the best president ever, more important to him than it is to win an election? That is sad. Instead of fighting the virus with the best of his abilities, he's promoting false cures and holding rallies. And then the quote brings up an important and final point. Americans are dying, and this president is ignoring that because his need to make himself seem perfect, somehow conquers our need to stay alive. I like this quote.
Donald Trump is the most incompetent, disrespectful president, and the way these people suck up his words and glorify him, just fuels his stupidity, just as the people who get mad at him fuels his stupidity. President Donald Trump, I don't know if you'll ever read this, I don't know if you'd care, but I just need to say that I hope Biden beats you in this election because

if he does, you'll go on a Twitter rampage, and I can't wait to watch.