𝟎𝟓 | 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐤

𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫
ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʳʸ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵏᵉᵉᵖˢ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵃᵗ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ

- 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 -__

__

"Are you sure you will be alright on your own?" Rebecca held Damia's dainty hands in between hers.

Taking a deep breath Damia nodded. The warmth of her smile radiating all the way across the open door.

"Mum," Dali sang from the door.

"Let me check if I forgot something." Rebecca took the stairs in a symphony and vanished from their sight.

Dalia padded across the wooden floors and stood beside Damia.

"Dee," her voice soft and calculated.

"Hmm," Damia hummed but did not move her eyes from the open door. Her gaze seemed to be glued on a spot on the crack of the door.

Light seeped through the small crack and showered the hall with its mellow glow.

"Will you actually be alright?"

Damia only hummed.

"Really?" Dalia nudged her sister on the arm.

"Yes, really." Damia tore her gaze away from the door and brought it upon her sister. Dali always seeked full attention. If someone was to not pay their full attention to her, she would get irritated.

"Alright then," Dali did not believe her sister neither did she stated the obvious fact. Maybe Damia needed the closure this loneliness would bring. It was better for her.

Rebecca padded down the stairs and stopped near the dining table. She put her purse on the table and threw her arms around Damia.

"There's food in the kitchen. Whenever you're hungry." She paused. "Keep the door locked. Let no stranger in. Okay?" Rebecca spoke as if Damia was a child being left alone in the house for the first time.

"Yes mum." Damia smiled at her loving mother. How good of a mother she was! She found herself unsuitable to deserve such lovely human to accompany her as a parent.

"Stay safe my sweet girl." Rebecca cupped her daughter's face in between her palms and pressed her lips lightly on Damia's forehead.

Kids. They grow up so fast. So beautiful. And soon to be someone else's.

Rebecca's smile weathered away like the wind that took all of her fair glory days as she realized how wicked time is.

"Have a safe journey." Damia bid her mother and sister a goodbye while standing at the doorway. She watched as the car faded into the daylight.