I officially ruined my life today!

Priya Khanna

Tring!
Tring!
Tring!

I heard my phone blaring in my ears.
Groaning i looked at my phone screen to see who is this impatient person disturbing my sleep that too this early.

Sarah
Ofcourse! I should've guessed.

I answered her call and asked irritated,
What the hell sarah! What do you want this early in the morning?

Well babe, It is your engagement today! And i knew you would not get up from your so called beauty sleep on your own. Soooo just get up get done with your morning routine. I'll come in half n hour to get you ready.
I just groaned. I wanted to sleep!

Stupid Engagement! Stupid Ankit!

Well babe shut up!
With this i hung up on her.

I got up unwillingly and went towards washroom to get done with my morning business.

Can i not just runaway? I don't want to get married to him!

Well don't take me wrong. It's not like i am against getting married but i am against getting married to a stranger.

The day our parents told us we are getting married was the first and the last day I saw him.

I tried messaging him, calling him but he ignored all of it.

So i just continued with my studies because i had my exams to face.

He could go to hell for all i care!

A very excited sarah entered my room with my engagement dress in her hands.

"Woahhh... you are going to be my sister-in-law, I wish it was Dhruvv and not that stuck up bastard Ankit but lets forget it"
She said in a very excited tone.

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"What is so exciting about it sarah? I am going to officialy get myself into shit today by getting married to that ass"

Sarah opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she saw mom entering my room.

"What you've not started getting ready?
Get ready fast priya." My mom said with a stern expression and left the room.

I sighed. "I don't know why but i feel like i am being a burden to my parents.
2 years ago since the incident happended
mom and dad have been cold towards me and i don't know what is the reason!"
I honestly told sarah.

"Hey hey.... Chilll maybe they wanted to give you your space after that incident."
She tried to explain me.

"I don't know what to think anymore" I said tired by all this drama.

"Cheer up babe... Let's get you ready"
Sarah said changing the subject.
I just nodded.

I am so tired of thinking about all this.
My parents. Ankit. This stupid marriage.

I know maybe my parents are just worried about my future because of whatever happened 2 years ago and ankit's family is aware of the incident and has accepted me whole heartedly.

That doesn't mean you can spend your whole life with ankit!

Dad marched in my room and suddenly announced "we need to talk"