Chapter Nine

george was kissing dream. 

He had stepped forward, after barely a moment's thought, and pushed his lips to Dream's. 

And it felt good.

Really, really good. 

Butterflies instantly erupted in his stomach, only multiplying as Dream instantly kissed back, the taller's hands softly resting on George's waist and jaw. Warmth spread from wherever the blonde touched George, bringing the shorter to run his fingers gently through the other's hair, his unused hand rubbing random shapes into his shoulder. 

Anxious thoughts that George didn't bother to pay attention to were instantly washed away at Dream's gentle but firm touch, bringing the brunet ever closer. There was nothing, nothing in the world but Dream, kissing Dream. 

Their lips moved in perfect sync, hands finding places to hold the other close as if they were connecting puzzle pieces. Dream tilted his head slightly to deepen the kiss, making George's head spin and sending warm tingles up his spine.

It was a mix of relief, happiness, and pure bliss, and George decided to take in every second of it, from the moment it began to the very heartbeat his lungs began to burn and he gently, hesitantly, pulled away, to take in soft, deep breaths. 

Dream lightly pressed his forehead to George's, his hands on his face, making the smaller's breath hitch. 

"I like you." The taller breathed. "A lot." 

George smiled, so softly, so sweetly, an expression laced with pure love for the boy in front of him. He gently raised one hand, to rest it on Dream's jaw, his thumb running along his cheekbone. 

"I like you too. A lot." 

|~George~| 

It was the next morning. I woke tightly bound in Dream's comforting embrace, who was quietly browsing his phone beside me. I hum softly, pressing closer to him. Warm golden sunlight blankets us in ethereal peace.

"Good morning." He murmurs, gazing at me fondly.

I sigh obnoxiously. "I'm not awake yet..." I grumble tiredly, pushing my face gently into his shoulder to ward off the light shining in from the window. 

Dream laughs softly, running his fingers through my hair and pulling me closer. I let out a soft, content exhale. 

"Georgie, you gotta get up, we're going to New York today." He says gently, nudging my shoulder.

I wave his hand away before wrapping my arms around his neck. He puts his phone down to turn and wrap both arms around me, pressing a chaste kiss to my jaw.

"Yeah, but that's later." I protest, pulling away from the hug to look at him with my best puppy eyes. Dream glances away quickly, and I can tell it's working. 

"Stop-" He giggles. "No, we have to go eat breakfast, the flight leaves soon." 

I sigh, letting myself collapse in his arms. "Okay... But, just, one more minute? Please?" I beg pitifully. There's no way he can say no to this. 

Dream presses his face into my neck. I can feel the vibration as he speaks. "Okay. Only because you're annoying." 

"Fine by me." I hum contentedly in reply, snuggling closer and letting my eyes flutter shut once more. 

|~| 

A few minutes later, I'm dressed and sitting on the counter in the kitchen, nibbling at a piece of toast, whilst listening to Sapnap and Dream bicker.