173

It was November first. We had officially been in hiding for three months. We had experienced a wedding in those three months and we had experienced a baby being born. Things were already crazy and we knew they were going to get crazier. Everyone knew that at one point we wouldn't be able to hide anymore. They would find us and we'd have to fight to survive. No one talked about it though. We were all terrified.

"Get away from there, Liz." George shouted. I was walking in a straight line on the edge of a small sand hill that went down to the beach itself. "Come inside. You're gonna get sick."

I turned around, looking at him as he was leaned out of one of the windows, eyes on me.

"I'm just having fun."

"You're wearing shorts and a loose shirt. You'll catch a cold."

"No I wo—" I screamed when I fell back and down the hill, landing in the sand with a gasp leaving my mouth.

"Lizzie!" I heard George shout.

"What happened?!" It came from Charlie who had been spending some time on the other side of the cottage.

George came into view at the top of the hill and made his way down, trying not to fall himself. Then Charlie appeared and he sprinted down more smoothly than his younger brother.

"Ouch that hurt." I muttered and propped myself up on my elbows.

"Merlin you're so stupid." George said as he and Charlie helped me up.

"How'd you manage to fall like that?" Charlie asked, looking up at the top of the hill where I stood before.

"She was being stupid and walked on the edge." George explained, his arm wrapped around my waist while my arm was around his neck.

"Did you jump out of the window?" I asked. "Cause the door is on the other side of the house. You jumped out of the window, didn't you?"

"Well I'm sorry but my wife fell down a hill and I didn't want to take too long in case she was badly injured or... dead."

"Why are you not wearing a coat?" Charlie asked me. "It'a almost winter, not summer."

"Well—"

"She was having fun." George mimicked me.

"I wouldn't have fallen down if you didn't distract me." I pushed him away before climbing my way back up to the cottage. It didn't go very well as I kept slipping in the sand.

"How do you think it's going?" I heard George while Charlie laughed.

"I am getting there!" I yelled out of frustration before I accidentally twisted my ankle and a sharp pain shot through it and I fell back down. "Fuck!"

"Liz for fuck sake!" George cursed and crouched next to me as I sat up and grabbed my ankle, then flinched.

"That was terribly stupid." Charlie said. "I think she sprained her ankle."

"You think?!" I exclaimed. George tried to feel my ankle but I hissed and shoved him in the shoulder. "Don't touch it! It hurts like hell."

"Let's get her inside." Charlie said. "That needs looking at."

George hooked an arm under my knees and wrapped another arm around my back before lifting me up.

How they both managed to walk up the hill really smoothly, confused me. How could Charlie walk up as if it was nothing? How could George walk up the hill with me in his arms and not even fall?

When we got inside of the house, everyone looked as George was carrying me.

"What happened?" Fleur asked as he put me on the dining table.

"Do you wanna tell them or should I?" George asked.

"I slipped."

"Slipped? You fell down the hill, tried to get back up, fell again and your ankle might be sprained or worse.. broken."

"Let me see." Deanne said, pushing George out of the way. She gently grabbed just above my ankle and pulled my shoe off and then the sock.

My ankle was swollen, red and blue. It looked horrible.

"That's sprained." She told me and then gently grabbed the injured part. I hissed and shoved her just like I did with George.

"Why does everyone keep touching it?" I groaned. "Has anyone seen my wand? I need my wand."

"It's over here." Kathy told me from the living-room. She sat with baby Evelyn in her arms, rocking her gently.

"Doesn't matter. I have mine right here." George spoke and stepped forwards while pulling his out. He pointed it at my ankle. "Episkey."

The swelling disappeared and the color faded. The pain went away as well but the area felt very cold which was an effect from using the episkey spell.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.

"You've gone mental, haven't you?" George asked as he helped me down from the table.

"Oi! We've been in hiding for three months.
Of course I've gone mental."